Chapter Twenty-Six (part one)

Start from the beginning

He rolled his eyes and stared at the TV again. He turned it off and twirled to look at me.

"I think Chris and I might breakup..."

"Oh my God, Hugh!" My eyes widened and I left the bowl and walked to him. I leaned on my knees to take a good look at him.

I was completely shocked. Those two...they were pretty much meant for each other. They were a really cute couple, but most of all, they really loved each other.

"What happened?" I softly asked.

Hugh took a deep breath and closed his eyes. "He got a job in Denmark."

Uh-uh. Hugh didn't believe in long distance relationships. He always said that they were doomed and that he would never try them. Like ever.

He ran a hand through his hair and opened his eyes. He looked sad.

"For how long?"

"A year."

Rolling my eyes, I stood up. I slapped him on the head, "you moron! You can definitely wait for him for a year!"

A year wasn't much.

Ugh.

Trust Hugh to blow things out of proportion.

"Ouch!" He rubbed his forehead. Please. I rolled my eyes again. I didn't hit him that hard.

"He can take longer than a year!" he whined still rubbing his head.

"That is such a lame excuse, Hugh." I seated back on my designated place.

Hugh huffed.

"You two are perfect for each other...and you'll definitely grow old together." I smiled at the mental picture of them bickering over some lame thing.

"Well...what if he-"

"There's no IF." I pointedly looked at him. I kind of felt like his Mommy or something.

Hugh rolled his eyes.

"Just look at yourself, Hugh. You seem miserable. You love him, he loves you. You'll get to travel a lot for that year and you'll meet new places with him. "I shrugged, "if you can't see it, then you are a dumbass."

I expected him to glare at me or something, but after a few seconds in silence, a wide smile played on his lips, "you are so back, aren't you?"

"You know...the annoying little bitch that my best friend really is ..." he added smirking.

Scowling at him, I grabbed a bunch of popcorn and threw it his way.

Hugh burst out laughing as he tried to cover his head. I rolled my eyes but smiled at him.

He was right, you know? I didn't feel like crying or sleeping all day like a month ago...it seemed ages ago...

"So, does your mystery guy exist? Or is he a creation of your mind?" His grey eyes watched me with an evil glint in his eyes.

"Is he with us already?" he turned around as looking for something.

"You know what? I'm going to tell Chris to actually dump you, you dumbass!" I glared at him and we both burst out laughing.

As if on cue, the doorbell ringed.

"Speak of the devil..." Hugh trailed mischievously.

I shifted in my seat excited and grabbed the bowl of popcorn with both hands, "go on, open the door" I tried to sound innocent, but clearly Hugh had figured something out because he got up and walked to the door warily.

Before opening it, he turned to me and you could see the curiosity in his eyes, "you know, all this mystery is making me nervous..."

With the palm of my hand I gestured him to open the freaking door.

Hugh rolled his eyes and opened it.

_______________________________________________________________

What can I say? I'M EVIL...

MUUUAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA