insufferable | 07

Helplessness was an emotion that ran through my mind. My body betrayed me as I flinched once Defaz made eye contact with us, inducing me to shift closer to Vincent as Defaz drew closer. It was as if time had been manipulated as if someone had ushered the courage to tempt with it. Everything seemed to be moving slowly, shattering our notions of time. We stayed put like statues made of wax, motionless and dazed. That's what Defaz did to me.

That's what he wanted to do to me.

With his eyes bleated with rage, Defaz marched towards us. His unbothered nature had been surpassed by rage, emblazoned on his features. When he spotted us, his nose flared at seeing us, his eyes unstable endeavouring to figure out what he saw before him, eyebrows wrinkling incurring wrinkles as a vein on his face appeared.

Abruptly, time had sped up as he was presented before us. Frowning at me prior to deflecting his attention toward Vincent. As Defaz's gaze returned to me, I clutched onto Vincent's shirt. I buried myself into his shirt in an attempt to avoid it. Vincent shifted closer to me as he tried to shield me from Defaz. He held me close. Close enough to the point where I could hear his heartbeat, frantically beating. Feeling his breath tickle my bare skin as his chest rises and falls, periodically. Indulging in his sage-like scent. Holding onto me for dear life like a prize possession, angering Defaz.

"When your father suggested you be my wife, I would have never imagined you'd be such a whore. Allowing my nephew to touch you in front of you. What a shame." As he says this, he flicks me, his tone laced with malicious intent.

"You don't deserve to touch her. So don't." Vincent had met his gaze as he bleated. He said so, with his voice devoid of feeling. Vincent's playful demeanour had quickly vanished at the sights of Defaz.

Defaz gritted his teeth at Vincent's response, taken aback by what he had just uttered. His eyes twitched at Vincent's response before a smirk had appear on his face.

"This is a conversation between my wife and me. Stay out."

Vincent laughed silently while playing with his tongue in his mouth, clicking his tongue. "Oh, the same wife who didn't hesitate to go down on me. We can both tell who she favours more just from one look."

He took my hand as I let go of his shirt. Releasing me from his clutches. Sitting me up right next to him as he lifts my chin making me look into his eyes. I knew what was coming next. He knew as well.

"Here's the difference between you and me. She wants me. "You," pausing to chuckle while looking him up and down as he continues, "not so much."

Mustering up the little energy I had, I gave Vincent one final pleading look before adverting my gaze onto Defaz's.

"Vincent, stop. There's no need."

Darting my eyes back at Defaz, "as for you Defaz, I don't owe you an explanation."

You know that state of anger that occurs when you just hear a ringing sensation ricocheting throughout your head. No thoughts, purely anger. That's what Defaz was experiencing as he glanced at me. Defaz immediately snatched me beyond Vincent's control while endeavouring to hit Vincent. I clung to Vincent for dear life, attempting to make it difficult for Defaz to pull me off of him. Fastening my hands around Vincent as Defaz was pulling on my body. All I heard was shouting, shouts that were inaudible as I couldn't tell what he was saying. This only lasted for a few seconds before I was forcibly ripped away from Vincent's grasp.

Trying to get away from Defaz as I repeatedly kicked my legs into the air hoping that he would drop me. His solid grasp on my midriff made a sharp aggravation shock throughout my body. As time went on, I could feel myself becoming weaker and weaker.

"I tried being nice to you Ada, I really did. You leave me with no choice." His firm grip on my waist was still apparent as he carried me into a room I had not recognized. The obscurity and the scary inclination inundated me, a mind-boggling feeling started to emerge. It was so dark. Adequately dark to where I was unable to see anything. I tried to make sense of the silhouettes before me, however, they all appeared as a blur. The creepy atmosphere of this room was enough to wake me up from my daze and try to fight him off.

Scrimmaging from his grip before I let out a yell, projecting throughout the room. "Let go of me, you bastard!"

"Oh, Ada. I'm so in love with you." A sarcastic tone had coated his voice whilst he was toying with my hair. Defaz had a fist full of my hair and grabbed a chunk of it. He twisted my hair in his fist, instantly snapping my head back. The agony was unbearable. With the chunk of hair he had in his fist, he let go of me, aggressively tossing me to the ground.

A burning sensation had arisen on my scalp as it felt like my hair was ripped off once I collided with the ground. My face hit the ground first as I slid onto the concrete floor. As I hit the ground, a wave of pain surged through my entire body. I hurried to a nearby corner, endeavouring to get away from him. Inching closer by the second, I decide to wildly throw kicks into the air to save myself from the hell I was enduring.

"Ada, please don't be scared of me. I only want what's best for you."

"What's best for me? You nearly suffocated me with your grip. Not only that, you drag me into an unrecognizable room." I bite my lips, violently, as I try to muffle my screams from the ache spewing throughout my body.

The pain had surpassed my body. My chest hurt from inhaling and exhaling. Each time I executed it, a distressed feeling in my chest emerges, yielding shallow breathing.

"And you wonder why I don't love you? Scratch that, why I can't even tolerate you? Vincent and Santi will always be superior to you.  Always. You're a coward!" I let out a chuckle as I said this, knowing it hurts my chest, I did it out of spite.

"You spoiled brat!"

"I've been through worse, Defaz. You don't scare me." I spat at him in disgust, avidly looking for an object to hit him with. My hands hurriedly searched the ground for something. Anything.

"Funny, your actions beg to differ." He clenched his teeth before towering over my shaking body in the corner. He stood over me with such glee omitting from his eyes. His nose flared and his eyes suddenly beamed with rage.

He crotched down slowly, up until we were at the same height before whispering into my ears, "Have a great night, Ada. Remember, we are getting married in two days." Licking his puffy blush-like lips, he took his fingers to trace the outline of my jaw whilst staring me in the eyes.

A great night? It felt like a chunk of metal had hit my face as I began to blackout from the impact. I let out a horrifying cry as black dots began to obstruct my vision. Falling to the ground, and gradually lose consciousness as I black in and out. The last thing I saw was him walking out of the room and a clicking sound emitting throughout the room. Most likely indicating that he locked the door behind him. As the darkness engulfed me, my eyes became heavier.

I blacked out.