as you wish [1]

The lengths we go to achieve an aspect someone places upon us. The feeling of disappointment was something I'd hate to experience. In my world, living up to everyone's expectations was a must. The expectations placed upon me acted as a distraction, sheltering me from the horrors I've known of myself. I head towards my window to glance at the outside. Before proceeding, I notice a lonely lotus flower on my window sill, only being kept alive by the inadequate glints of sunlight radiating through the murkiness.

I toyed with the stem of the lotus placed in my hands. I envied everything it exemplified as I yearned to experience its symbolic meaning. It took on a pink-blush-like appearance, the petals expanding in several directions and opening at the sight of the sunlight that shone upon it. Its ability to appear effortless whilst being in the hands of a sinner played with my thoughts.

Someone once told me I was a ruler. Someone with their sights set on the prize. Thoughtful, but lacks empathy. I'd go to great lengths to be everything my father wanted me to be, and I did.

A thought had piqued my interest. What do I truly seek in this vicious world with no offering to me? A question that would haunt me for the rest of my life, left unanswered.

-

It was 9:00 AM when I was woken up by an alarm I had set prior to me going to bed. I groan as the alarm increasingly becomes louder, now shrieking throughout my head. At the sound of this, I quickly toss my blanket off of me and smack my alarm in hopes of it going off.

It was an interesting night I must say. Usually, these nights haunt me as if I'm chained to them. Who's seeking my reactions? I'd wish they would let me go. Possessive? I might add to the mark. As I got up from a dreadful sleep, I notice my phone go off and on while vibrating.

Who is texting me at this hour- the phone vibrated once again. Must I say how exhausted I am of these people?

I'm Ada. Daughter of Darius Ahmed. A proud king who determines if you are worthy or not. My father, King Darius, is a mystery individual as he provokes curiosity in everyone who crosses his path. He rules over the kingdom of Matias.

Matias, the land of divine animals and spirits. Just hearing the name brings such good pleasure. Those who reside here walk with such great pride and a positive attitude throughout. The moon is a significant factor for us. It is our symbol and what we must protect. Lunar acts as our saviour pushing and pulling as our harmony sequence continues. We pay our respects through our annual ceremonies.

We are one lucky kingdom as we allied with almost all. Ruling with such authority, he is deemed to rule over the universe.

King Darius, my father, the ruler of Matias. Always looking to gain an edge. I do wonder as to what lengths will he go to achieve them. He leads me with several questions that eat the insides of me. What are you hiding father?

Too many questions in this world make you seem dishonest. It is not suggested may I add. This kingdom from an outsider's view seems like one that brings glory. However, looks can be deceiving. There are many issues here but they are hidden. If anyone questions my father, they are sent to execution immediately. The public eye can never question. Seen as the best kingdom to others. I'd be a fool not to realize how corrupt Matias is.

Things that are hidden are not meant to be tempted. Never. Is not an overstatement. They watch our every move. Upon surveillance, they report it directly to the king. Nevertheless, I must keep a smile on my face and continue my duties, even if there's an unpleasant feeling in the back of my throat.

"Ada?" Mother yelled from downstairs. 

"Yes, mother", I replied to her call.

"Report downstairs immediately for breakfast. After that, you must practice your manners. King Defaz is visiting in a few," mother said with such authority as it escaped her lips.