party's over [6]

I felt the presence of someone staring into my soul, licking their lips, a hoarse voice speaking up to say; "Hello, dear."

-

"Defaz. I would say that it's nice to meet you, but, I'd be lying, and I'm not the biggest fan of lying. You get me?" If Defaz thought I would demonstrate hospitality in his home after forcing me into this loveless marriage, he thought wrong. After hearing the tone of my voice and the remark I had just uttered, he immediately shot a piercing glare.

It was almost as if we were having a staring contest, fighting for dominance. I forcefully shoved a ton of food in my mouth in a rather unpleasant way, I watched him as his face began flinching in disdain, rage consuming his charismatic eyes. Everyone at the table watched as it unfolded. Defaz slowly got up and headed in my direction, hoisting his right hand halfway in the air almost as if he was going to slap me. Was he?

As he strode toward me at a fast pace, a voice at the table spoke up. Darting my eyes at the voice who had spoken up. It was Santi.

"Sit down, you're making an embarrassment of yourself", a commanding yet threatening tone escaped his lips, now eyeing his father down, observing his behaviour.

Snapping at his tone, Defaz tilted his head towards Santi, gritting his teeth, "Santi. Remember your place."

"Christian. If I were you, I'd choose my words carefully. You need me more than I need you, am I right?" I already knew the answer to the question before asking. A smirk arises on my face as his eyes are stimulated with rage.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be going. This dinner was a waste of my time. Your attempts of trying to establish a family have failed."

"Ada, be-". Before Santi can finish his sentence, the main door leading to the dining room swings open, stepping one foot into the room, commencing with the other, a person I had not recognized stood before us. All of a sudden, tension arose throughout the room. I shot a quick glance at Santi who looked irritated. Rolling his eyes at the sight of the person who had entered the room. Oh, so he knows him. Great.

"My, my, you guys started dinner without me. I know you're not too fond of me, but I truly am so hurt", he remarked in such a mischievous and sarcastic tone. Dinner just got interesting, whispering to myself. The man strolled towards a seat next to me, which happened to be vacant. He slowly turned towards my direction, propping his hand onto his chin, looking me up and down. Was he checking me out? My body ached as I couldn't decipher based on his actions leaving an anxious feeling throughout my body.

Though, he was easy on the eyes. Returning his gaze, I began examining the individual who was essentially peering down my soul. I watched as his brown eyes were examining me as well. His eyes were an indication of his personality, playfully toiling with his black curls that fell onto his face. A small button nose, a jawline sculpted in a way that has a sharp appearance to it. Bitting his pink lips, staring into my soul.

Yeah, he's going to be trouble, face-palming.

Santi mutters under his breath, "fucking Vincent."

"My dearest Santi, that's not a nice way to treat your cousin. Out of everyone, I expected you to greet me. Hug me, kiss me on the cheek, praise me. But you didn't which broke my tiny fragile heart." Vincent, huh, everything he said was ridiculed with sarcasm. As of right now, I honestly cannot tell if he's joking or not.

"Nice to see you joined us 20 minutes later", Defaz stated in an annoying tone glaring in his direction.

"Oh, please, Uncy Defazio, when will you learn? With this being said, who is this pretty lady?" As he proclaimed this, Vincent had now started to trace his fingertips along the centre of my thighs. Immediately, at his touch, my body jerked as my face started flushing, my palms began to perspire, and I lost my train of thought. As vincent touched me, I could feel Defaz's ghastly glare set upon us. I couldn't bring myself to look at him.

"My wife", Defaz spat at him. "Hands off of what's mine."

"Did you see the way she reacted to my touch? We could share her?", grinning at Defaz whilst making this remark. Silence occupies the room.

Ahem, is this man trying to get me killed?

"And you wonder why no one likes you. I'm done here", Santi exclaimed in disgust. He stood up, tossing the plate, whilst calling for the servant to clean it up. Glancing at me once more before exiting the room.

"Ada", pausing before proceeding, "Get out of my sight", Defaz eyes were now replenished with irritation as he spat at me. He shoved the alcoholic beverage down his throat with a firm grasp on his cup. As the burning sensation from the alcohol began to emerge, his face stiffened.

"As you wish, good ole Defazio", gleaming with happiness as I watch him slowly deteriorate.

I head towards the garden, taking a seat among the many flowers that had bloomed. It was truly a beautiful sight, one that I envied. Interrupted by the touch of someone, I shift my head towards them.

Once I realize who it is, I'm stumped.

"Vincent."

"Ada."

"Mind if I sit?", he gestures towards the empty seat next to me. I gave him a slight nod implying he has my permission to do so.

"Were you trying to get me killed back there? I mean, it's one thing to insult him, but touching me is another". I declared this while crossing my arms, purposely avoiding eye contact.

In one swift motion, he grabs me and rests my head on his lap. I didn't move. I stayed there, knowing my husband awaits me inside.

"Aww, you seemed like you enjoyed it. I'm hurt."

"You know, Ada. Defaz isn't who he makes himself out to be. I've known him for many years, you ought to be careful around him. Don't let him manipulate you. You're a smart girl."

Manipulate me? Funny.

"Tell me, Ada, have you ever heard of the lost civilization?"

"I'll assume you haven't, it's evident. As I posed the inquiry, your face showed signs of curiosity. Well, here's a history lesson, Adi."

"Thousands of years ago, each kingdom allied with one closest to it and the one that would fulfil their role. Matias, Mystic, Haniko, and lastly, Hanifa. Collectively the rulers all agreed to announce this alliance as Morraen. Nonetheless, with every alliance, an opportunity for betrayal arises. After all, it is human nature to seek for what we don't have." He traces the seat beneath us as he speaks.

"There was one kingdom that existed some time before Morrean. One that provides us with little to no insight and alludes to the lost kingdom. Wiped from existence and our history books, never to be taught in schools or to be uttered. Their people were slaughtered as they were scurried away from the life they once knew. Their blood coated the ruler's castle, where they had been massacred."

"The lost kingdom of despair," Vincent added, discussing this as if he experienced it himself. His eyes shone as he continued to talk.

The lost civilization? The mention of such piqued my interest."I thought outside of Morraen, Morraen, being all of the kingdoms known to man, nothing else existed."

"Do you truly believe that Ada", Vincent shot a playful look at me whilst emphasizing the word truly?

Scoffing at his remark, "Maybe. It seems likely."

"Ada, meet me in my room sometime?"

As he says this, Defaz opens the garden door, frantically looking around before concentrating his gaze on us once we were spotted. Lying on his lap looking up at him, whilst he peers down at me playing with my hair.

How lovely.

Authour Note: Hehehehe. So..what do you think Defaz will do? Keep in mind, that he's impulsive. Want to find out? Stay tuned for the next following chapters. Happy reads!! <3