Get A Room!

Your POV

You got back to Mikes and he went in first to make sure the coast was clear. His parents had been away for a few days and were due back any day now. Luckily, the house was empty. Hopper carried Max's body down into the basement with you all crowded around him... ya know, because half the town were out looking for her.
Eddie had a great idea... he clasped the device that he used on El around Max's neck, just in case Vecna decided to use her again. You and Robin set up a comfortable spot on the floor with cushions and blankets for Max to be laid on, and Hopper and Wayne quickly dipped out to go and collect the necessary hospital equipment to keep her safe. When they came back, Wayne took charge of Max's body as he had previous experience. The rest of you sat around once again, throwing different scenarios and plans out. Ultimately, Hopper decided his word was gospel.
"We have to take the fight to him. He thought he had the upper hand here.. he was wrong. I don't think he'll be stupid enough to try it again. So he's gonna stay in the Upside Down... where he believes he's superior. You three—" he pointed at El, Kali and Eddie, "have proved just how strong you really are.. he wasn't expecting that. We just have to do what we did here... but over there".
It was pretty solid. The guys had definitely showed that they were capable of over running Vecna... now the question is, was Hopper going to allow the rest of you to join them? Someone had to stay here with Max.. and you'd gladly volunteer. You were no use in a fight anyway.
"We're coming with right?" It was like Dustin stole the thought right out of your head.
"Some of you.. yes. But I think it's best some stay behind... in case he sends any creatures into Hawkins, and someone has to be here with Max" Hopper explained. Just as you thought.
"I'll stay here with Max" Lucas stated.
"Me too" you chimed in. Eddie shot you a look of relief. He didn't want you coming with... understandably so. Your reasoning was that you were no use.. his was that he couldn't stand to see you get hurt, or worse.
"Will, Mike, Dustin, Robin, I think you should all stay here too. As horrible as it sounds, you're a liability" Hopper added. Will and Robin had no problem with staying back... Mike and Dustin on the other hand had a lot to say about it.
"No. No way" Mike stubbornly stated.
"Absolutely not" added Dustin.
"Look, I know how you're feeling right now. But if we take you with us it's only gonna slow us down. We can't be babysitting you whilst fighting otherworldly monsters. Liability. As I said" Hopper stood his ground. It was harsh, but true. As much as they grumbled, they didn't really have any choice. Hopper had a feeling that Vecna might've even closed up the gates so as to stop them going there... and he was right. Him and Wayne drove around town with the compass and sure enough... not a gate to be seen.
"El, are you able to unseal a gate? The one you sealed up in the warehouse?" Hopper asked.
"Yes. I opened the first ever gate. I'm sure I could do it again" she replied. It was final. It wasn't a great plan, but it was the only one you had. They weren't going to leave until the next morning anyway, everyone was shattered and need to recuperate.

Mikes parents still hadn't come home yet; they phone a few hours before and told Mike they were extending their stay because they were having so much fun. That worked to your advantage. Hopper and Wayne decided to sleep/rest upstairs. They were probably taking turns to keep watch... just in case. Max was still out cold, the same as she had been the past year.. but even if Vecna decided to try and take over her body again it would be no use.. the device she had around her neck would put a stop to his powers.
Everyone settled down for the night; you had blankets, cushions and throws spread out around the basement. You and Eddie laid down next to each other and just stared into each other's eyes for what seemed like a lifetime. You didn't know what to say. You tried your hardest not to cry... but your body betrayed you. He was looking at you with such love... but also despair. You knew he had the same thoughts... this could be the last time you saw each other... again.
"I won't say goodbye Y/N... I can't. But I will say that I love you. I love you with every single part of my soul. Never, ever forget that" he whispered as he stroked the tears off your face with his thumb.
"I love you more than you'll ever know" you softly reply.
"Gross guys, get a room!" Dustin half heartedly whispered in the darkness. There was only a small lamp on in the basement, casting a warm light glow over the many bodies lying on the floor. You heard a few giggles at Dustins comment but chose to ignore them. This was potentially your final night with Eddie.. and you were going to cherish every moment.
You stroked his face and took in every inch of him. You wanted to remember every single detail. The way he smiled so sadly at you. The way his crazy hair moved with every breath he took. He had amazing hair, the kind any girl would be jealous of.. so voluminous and full of life.  His eyes; the colour of lavender.. they were different, but you were used to them now.. and they were gorgeous.
"Like what you see?" He playfully whispered. You nodded in response, not wanting to say anything in case you broke. Eddie had one arm wrapped around your waist, and he pulled you closer. The way he looked at you... he used to look at you with excitement and adventure in his eyes... like he couldn't wait for something magical to happen, but now, you could see the pain behind his eyes. He couldn't hide his feelings from you; you knew him inside and out.. and he was conflicted. He had to go and fight this monster for the sake of everyone's lives... but why? Why did HE have to have this on his shoulders? Why us? Why this cursed town?
"Promise me that when you come back, we will live out that vision you showed me..." you said as you stroked his cheeks.
"That was my promise to you Y/N. If I come back, that is the life we will have..." he responded. Your heart sank... your words had some hope behind them... you said 'when', yet Eddie being the realist came back with 'if' he comes back. No. This wasn't ok. You couldn't hold it in any longer. Your lips started doing the uncontrollable movements... and the tears started streaming down your face. That broke Eddie too. You'd never seen Eddie cry, and it was the most heartbreaking thing. But his tears were different... no doubt due to him being a vampire. He cried tears of blood. Silky streams of bright red flowed from his eyes and stained his face. You tried to wipe them away but just made his face look like a crime scene.
"Oh my love. This is awful. Let's go wash your face" you softly comment. You take Eddie's hand in yours and lead him up the stairs to the bathroom. He sat on the toilet seat and you took a wash cloth to wipe the blood from his face. He grabbed a hold of your hand and just held it there. You looked at him questioningly. He pulled you down into his lap and wrapped one arm around your waist and dug one into your hair, pulling you in for a kiss. When he pulled away, he took a deep breath and stared at you. The question was clear. You nodded, smiled, and leant back in to continue the kiss.
That night in the bathroom was the best night of your entire life... and you weren't sure if it was ever gonna happen again.