Will Be Fine

{WORD COUNT:2005}

[Time skip: 3 months later]

I woke up early in the morning and walked downstairs to watch some tv. I turned on the tv and the first thing on was the Cutting Edge. "Welcome to Hawkins, Indiana, a wonderful place to grow up, to raise your family, to walk your dog. But then...on July Fourth, everything changed. A terrible tragedy struck this small town. But this was not this small town's first brush of tragedy." The news forecaster said. "Morning, Y/n." Steve said as he walked down the stairs rubbing his eyes. "Morning, my husband." I smiled. He came and sat down next to me on the couch. "...a bizarre chemical leak. Is it all linked? All a vast conspiracy? The fault of a disgraced, corrupt mayor? Or is something more going on in the heartland? Can a town itself be cursed? Some believe a rise in Satanism is to blame. To find out, tune in tonight at 8:00 pm for 'Horror in the Heartland' on Cutting Edge." it finished. "We have to go do an interview with Robin. Let's go get dressed." Steve said groggily. I nodded my head and walked upstairs with him. I put on an  AC/DC shirt and some blue jeans and a pair of black Converse sneakers. I grabbed my backpack and got in the car with Steve. 

    "You put your mom down as a reference?" Robin asked as she read over Steve's resume. "Yeah, why not? She's, like, super well-respected." Steve questioned. "You're such a dingus." Robin said as she walked into the door Steve had opened for us. "Wha--" Steve puzzled. We walked up to the counter and started talking to the guy in charge. "Uh, just to be clear, we weren't fired, you know. The mall burned down and like, killed a bunch of people." Robin explained. "Thanks for sharing. Didn't know."  Keith said and put down our resumes. "Three favorite movies. Go." he snapped his fingers and pointed at Robin. "Uh...The Apartment, Hidden Fortress, Children of Paradise." she said. "You, go." he pointed at Steve. "Favorite movies?" Steve asked. "Did I stutter?" Keith questioned. "Uh...Animal House for sure. Um..." Steve thought. "Eyes on me, Harrington." Keith ordered. "Yeah. Uh...Star Wars." Steve said. "A New Hope?" Keith quizzed. "A new-what now?" Steve puzzled. "Which Star Wars?" Keith asked. "The one with the teddy bears. Duh." Steve sassed and then squealed like an Ewok. "No? Uh...Oh, the one that just came out. The movie that just came out. The one with the DeLorean and Alex P Keaton, and he's trying to bang his mom." Steve chuckled. "The time...Yeah, those are my top three. Classics." Steve tried so hard but failed. I gave him a pat on the back as I weakly smiled. "You. Go. Don't be as bad as him." Keith said and pointed at me. "Beetlejuice, The Lost Boys, Labyrinth." I told him rather quickly. "Wow. I like your answers." Keith marveled. "You two start Monday." Keith said pointing at Robin and I. "You start never." he said rather rudely pointing at Steve. "Will you just, um...Will you give us a minute?" Robin asked Steve. "Why?" Steve asked. "Steve." Robin whispered. Keith gave him a rude face and I tried hard not to slap Keith. "All right, you have to understand, Keith, I know his taste is a bit pedestrian, but that dingus has other qualities." Robin told him. "He's a d0ucheb*g of the highest order, Robin." Keith said and my face went bright red. "He was a bit of a pr1ck to us in high school, I'll grant you that, but he remains...a total chick magnet." Robin explained. I glared at Robin as she pretended as if I weren't there. "Sorry, Y/n." she apologized. "Yeah, okay, and this is relevant to me how?" Keith asked. "Uh, Earth to Keith. The ladies will come in just to see him. They'll come in in droves. Droves, Keith. We sold so much ice cream, they had to get a second shipment in from Michigan. Godd*mn Michigan, Kieth. Yeah, he may have to turn them down, but that doesn't mean you have to. And these ladies...these ladies are hot. They're so very hot. And there are too many of them for little Steve. He needs assistance. He needs your assistance, Keith." Robin explained. "What's in it for you? You got a thing for him or something?" Keith asked. Now my face was redder than ever. Steve knocked over one of the cardboard cutouts, 'G*dd*mnit. This is--Hm." Steve said. "We're just, um...We're just friends. He's married anyways." Robin told him. "Oh. Fast Times. Fast Times. Ever heard of it? Top three for me, Keith." Steve said. "Fine. You all start on Monday. Also, Y/n, you single?" Keith asked. I had finally snapped. "I'm married, dumb*ss" I said and slapped him across the face. "Ouch." Keith whined as we all walked out to Steve's car. "Can you drop me off at my mom's house? I told her I'd help them move their stuff out." I said. "Yeah, no problem." Steve smiled and we drove off.