Married

{WORD COUNT:2759}

TW: DEATH

POSSIBLE TW: FIREWORKS, CUSSING

    Steve, Dustin, Erica, Robin, and I  walked out of the mall to Hopper's car after he gave Steve the keys. A bad decision if I've ever seen one. "Oh, man, now this...this is what I'm talkin' about." Steve beamed. "Give me the keys." I ordered. "No way. I'm driving this baby." Steve smiled. "Give...me...the...keys." I ordered. "No...way!" he argued. "Fine." I rolled my eyes and got in the passenger seat while Erica, Dustin, and Robin got in the back. "Toddfather?" Robin questioned. "Oh screw, Todd. Steve's her daddy now. "Did you just talk about yourself in the third person?" Robin questioned. "Did he just call himself daddy?" Erica quizzed. "All right, where are we going?" Steve asked. "Weathertop." Dustin told him. "Weather-what?" Steve puzzled. "Just drive." Dustin ordered. "Okay. Jesus!" Steve sighed. Steve backed out of the mall entrance and started driving.

    About 20 minutes later we were still on the road. "Jesus, how far is this place, man?" Steve asked agitatedly. "Relax, we're almost there." Dustin said. "Suzie must be pretty special, huh? I mean if you built this thing and lugged it all the way to the middle of nowhere just to talk to her?" Robin asked. "I mean nobody's scientifically perfect, but Suzie's about as close to being perfect as any human could possibly be." expressed Dustin. "She sounds made-up to me." Steve mumbled. "She sounds made up to you?" Erica asked Steve. "Why are you hesitating, Steve?" Dustin questioned. "I'm--I'm--I'm not! I'm not! I think she sounds real. You know, totally, absolutely real." Steve lied. "Left. Turn left." Dustin ordered. "There's not a road here!" Steve yelled. "Turn left now!" Dustin yelled and Steve sharply turned left. "Jesus! Hang on!" Steve yelled back and we ran right through a fence. "Whoa! Henderson, where are you going?!" Steve asked in a panic. "Up!" Dustin yelled. "We're not gonna make it!" Robin panicked. "Yes, we are!" Steve disagreed. We almost made it up the hill but the car got stuck. "Guess the toddfather has its limitations." Robin laughed. 

    We got out and walked the rest of the way up. "Scoops Troop, do you copy? Scoops Troop, do you copy? Scoops Troop, do you copy? Scoops Troop, I repeat, do you copy? We're trapped in the mall and in need of emergency transportation. Scoops Troop, do you copy? Billy has found us." Mike asked over the radio. Dustin rushed to get everything set up as Mike repeatedly asked if we copied. "He has disabled our car and we are trapped in the mall. Repeat: Billy has disabled our car and we are trapped in the mall. Scoops Troop, do you copy?" Mike asked just repeating it over and over again. "Scoops Troop, I repeat, we are in need of emergency transportation, do you copy? Scoops Troop, do you copy? Steve, do you copy? Dustin!" Mike repeated. After a while, it finally stopped. We finally got things set up and were in communication with Murray. "Scoops Troop, this is...hm...Bald Eagle. I've reached another junction." Murray told us. "This is what?" Dustin asked. "The fourth junction." Erica told him. "All right, if memory serves, this is right after the My Little Pony thesis." Dustin said. "We went left so he has to go--" Erica explained. "Right." the two chorused. 'Fly right, Bald Eagle. Fly right." Dustin spoke into the walkie-talkie. "Roger that, flying right." Murray responded. "What's the My Little Pony thesis?" Robin asked. "I'd love to know." I smiled. I looked up to see Steve looking into the distance. "Don't get him started." Erica sighed. "Get him started? Just--" Robin began before Steve cut her off. "Hey, guys." he said, so we all looked up. We ran over to him and looked down at where he was. The lights in Starcourt Mall were flickering and flashing like crazy. We all ran back to the radio and Dustin picked up the talkie. "Griswold family, this is Scoops Troop! Do you copy? Over!" Dustin asked in a panic. "Griswold family, I repeat, this is Scoops Troop, do you copy?" he asked again. Then there was a large screech that came through. "Griswold family, do you copy?" Dustin asked a little more panicked. Then a loud roar sounded. "Griswold family, this is Scoops Troop. Please confirm your safety!" he called. "Griswold family, this is Scoops Troop! Please confirm your safety!" he repeated. "Are you en route to Bald Eagle's nest?" he asked. "Please confirm your safety!" he yelled. Nothing was coming through. He kept repeating the same things over and over again, but nothing ever came through. "Someone please just answer! Is anyone there?!" Dustin shuddered. Then we heard snarling sounds come through the radio. Steve got up and ran to the car so I quickly followed behind him. "Where are you going?!" Erica yelled. "To get them the h3ll outta there! Stay here, contact the others!" Steve yelled back and we got in the car. "Sh!t." Robin said and ran after us both and got in the car. "Wait, Robin!" Dustin yelled. "Stay in touch." he said and threw her a walkie-talkie.