"We have a music room?" I pipe in, "And who's Aiden?"

"Yeah, we have a music room sorella." Atlas chuckles at my confused face.

"And Aiden is a close friend of ours. He's part of our mafia" Matteo explains and I nod in understanding.

"Can someone please take me to the music room?" I ask eagerly, my breakfast long forgotten.

"Why, do you play an instrument?"
Alex asks and Leo frowns at me, "You seriously don't remember where the music room is? We showed it to you when we gave you a tour."

I look at him guiltily. "Yeah, but the house is huge..." I mumble and then shift my gaze to Alex. I beam at him, showing my dimples,"I play the guitar. But I'm not really good. Haven't practiced in a while."

"Sure you aren't..." Leo narrows his eyes, smiling at me.

I shrug. "I guess you'll have to see for yourselves." I wink and get up, waiting impatiently for someone to show me to the music room.

They all get up and I follow behind them. Turns out that the music room is right next to the home cinema, across the gym.

Once Enzo opens the door, I rush inside, mouth agape and eyebrows to the sky.

"It's beautiful." I whisper in awe. White walls, marble floors and an extremely large quantity of musical instruments. There's a grand piano right in the middle of the room, all kinds of guitars, drums, even a frickin harp! There's also a fireplace with a bunch of couches and armchairs in front of it!

I go and grab an acoustic guitar and head for the couch right across the fireplace. Everyone else joins me and they wait as I familiarize myself with the guitar. I'm a little nervous to play in front of everyone and I kinda regret it. What if I mess up? I take a deep breath and place my fingers on the strings. I close my eyes and I begin. At first I just hum along with the melody and then I finally sing the lyrics.

"I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete

Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm gettin' old, and I need something to rely on
So, tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm gettin' tired, and I need somewhere to begin

I came across a fallen tree
I felt the branches of it looking at me
Is this the place we used to love?
Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?"

I open my eyes, look at my brothers and smile while singing these last lyrics. They smile back, tears in their eyes.

"Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm gettin' old, and I need something to rely on
So, tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm gettin' tired, and I need somewhere to begin

And if you have a minute, why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So, why don't we go

Somewhere only we know?

Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old, and I need something to rely on
So, tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired, and I need somewhere to begin

And if you have a minute, why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So, why don't we go?

Ooh, hey, hey
Oh-oh-oh

This could be the end of everything
So, why don't we go somewhere only we know?

Somewhere only we know
Somewhere only we know"

And with a final slow strum I end the song. The room erupts in cheers and roars. I blush and chuckle shyly. "You're being dramatic." I mumble.

I've never been good at accepting compliments, let alone praise.

"We should take a picture!" Matteo proposes excitedly, with a huge grin on his face.

Everyone agrees with him and they start walking towards me, some sitting on the couch with me and others standing behind it.

"I'll take the picture." Aaron offers.

"Nonsense, you guys will be in it as well. You're basically family now." Leo denies quickly.

They reluctantly come over and stand behind the couch while Apollo starts the countdown on his phone and runs back to us.

Ten seconds later the timer goes of and everyone runs towards the phone to see the photo. I don't get up, I stay behind, enjoying their awing and their comments from the couch.

"Ares, we were supposed to take a serious picture, what's that thing you're doing with your face?" Matteo asks, feigning annoyance.

"What are you talking about? I'm smiling!" Ares exclaims, pointing aggressively at himself on the phone.

Matteo narrows his eyes and brings the phone closer to his face. "Oh..." He says, "My bad."

"What do you mean, 'my bad'? My smile is obvious! Apollo, tell him!" Ares now glares at Apollo who is also looking at the picture closely.

He shakes his head with a frown on his face. "I don't know man... It kind looks like you're in pain, but the problem might just be your face."

"We have the same face you dumbass!"

"Language!" Atlas huffs, clearly tired of them.

Ares rolls his eyes and I chuckle, entertained.

A few minutes pass and everyone seems to forget about their little scene. I can't seem to be able to wipe that stupid smile off my face, though.

-----------

It's been a while since I last updated. Sorry, hope you enjoyed this chapter.

So I've been thinking... Should I do a chapter from Ivan's (Volkov's son) POV? Please let me know what you think.

Love y'all! Vote and comment.

-A