Chapter - 3 The Nightmare

25 years later...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

3 AM

Los Angeles,

Beautiful Penthouse,

A girl is shivering and sweating in a dark room, she is murmering something in her sleep...

Girl 1 - n..no...p.pl..plz...no...d..don't..p.plz...n.no...!

She is sweating her whole body is shivering..then suddenly she started shouting in her sleep.

Girl 1 - NO... DON'T.... PLEASE...HELP.... MUMMA....DADDA...PLEASE...NO...!

The room door burst open and girl in her late teens runs to her.

Girl 2 - ( patting her cheeks ) Baby...getup... it's just a Nightmare...see i am right here..Baby..!

The room door again opens and a couple in their mid 40s runs to the girl.

Man - ( patting her cheeks) Baby...Baby...Getup!

The woman switches on the light and starts rubbing her feet and the girl 2 starts rubbing her palms. Man sprinkles some water on her face and finally she opens her eyes and starts to panick.

Man - ( hugging her and rubbing her back) Baby....shh...calm down...shhh....we are here...nothing will happen....see...papa is here.. bachche...calm down...!

Finally she calms down,

Girl 2 - Again same Nightmare? ( While wiping sweat from girl 1s forehead )

Girl 1 nods.

Woman - Baby...just once..let's go to a psychiatrist i am sure it will help...let's do one thing you try it out if it doesn't help we won't force you..but atleast try it out once..please.

Man - Baby....I also think you should try if it doesn't help we won't force you.

Girl 2 - Let's do one thing Avu...i will come with you for your sessions. You do not need to go alone. With me by your side you won't feel uncomfortable too.

Avu - i don't know it's been same from six years ..i don't know if it will help or not but because you are insisting i will go maa and papa..but Anu will go with me

Man - That's good! I will take an appointment for tomorrow.

Woman and Anu smiles.

Man - Ok! Now take rest for some time their are still few hours for sun to rise.

Woman - Ya! And Tomorrow you have your result day too.

Man ( teasing) - oh common Mrs.Goenka. They are my daughter's. Ofcourse they will top the exams.

Woman ( sarcasm ) - Well Mr. Karan Goenka i know they will top their exams. But i don't remember you topping your exams like ever.

Both the Girls giggle. Karan makes a bad face.

Karan ( whispering to himself) - Why do you keep forgetting man that you you have sarcasm queen Mrs. Krystal Karan Goenka as your wife.

Karan - ok...ok.. Let's go to sleep!

Krystal ( sarcasm) - ofcourse! Now you would definitely want to sleep.

Karan makes a bad face.

Karan, Krystal and Anu - Good night Baby. Call if you need anything.

Avu - Good night ( smiles )

They left.

Avu takes a picture from a side drawer . She caresses the picture with her fingers. A drop of tear falls on the picture from her eyes. She pulls that picture near her heart and lays down .