Chapter 3.2 - Two Sides Of The Same Coin

Start from the beginning

"What? How did you know?"

"She told me. Simple as that, I guess."

It was true. A while ago, Horikita told me to be wary of Kushida and that she went to the same middle school as her.

"Listen here, Ayanokouji. I don't care who you are. You and her knowing about my past are the greatest dangers to my school life. Know that you just became my number one enemy at this school. I will do everything to expel you. If you tell anyone about this, I'll say that you attempted to rape me."

"That's unreasonable, Kushida. What made you think you were in control of this situation?"

I took out my phone that was recording the whole time from my jacket.

"Screw you, Horikita! You think you're so cool and all, you think you're so great just because you're pretty... go to hell! And those perverts, who do they think they are?! Disgusting creatures, ogling at the sight of girls, I wish they all die! And to those girls that act all girly and all, nobody likes you either, bitch! I ha-"

*Ding*

"What? Who's there?"

"Are you kidding me? You jerk, you've been recording this whole time?"

"The truth is, Kushida, I never believed your fake act even for a second, since the moment we met on the bus. I saw through your mask since the very beginning. I knew how important hiding your past was to you. From now on, you will work for me. You will help me with anything I need. Disobey me, and I will leak this recording to the entire school."

"Tch... What do you want? Don't tell me you're afte my body too, you pervert!

"I'm not after your body, Kushida. Now, I need you to do something for me..."

********

The next day, at lunch, I went to the cafeteria and approached my target.

"Hey, are you an upperclassman?"

"Oh ho! If it isn't my favorite kouhai!"

"I don't know you, who are you?"

"I'm Kiryuin Fuka, a second-year. I finally met you, Ayanokouji! Did you know that ever since the news spread here, I wanted to meet you in person? Today's your lucky day!"

"Why is it my lucky day?"

"Ah ha ha, seems like you're also quite funny, Kouhai-kun. Anyway, yes I'm an upperclassman. What do you want?"

"Do you have the midterm exam paper of your first year in high school?"

The key to scoring high marks on the midterms was the mock exam. One might ask themselves, why were there those difficult questions? Actually, it was a hint. Chabashira-sensei told us that there is a way for us to all pass the midterms. When I looked at the most difficult questions, they were beyond the level taught during the first year. That's why they were actually hints. Upperclassmen, is what these questions whispered into my ears. In other words, they reuse the same midterm exam papers for each year's first year. Therefore, I wanted to get my hands on the previous years' midterms, and compare the questions to that of the mock exam. If they're the same, then it's safe to say that the questions on the midterms will be exactly the same.

"Oh? Finding a way to cheat already?"

"I'm not cheating. It's for studying purposes."