REBIRTH

"The night city, in the middle of a desert, Brackates..."

Lexis embarked on his first journey, it was his first time going this far.

"I've heard about it from my mom, the magnificent city in the east, The night jewel Brackates, and to reach it,

I have to cross a big desert, and a village that is surrounded by mountains in every direction."

lexis said this to himself while he read the map he has in his hand,
the map was old, lexis didn't even had enough food for a day, but he continued.

Although lexis had a power which increased his speed, he can't use it continuessly as it was a massive liability to his stamina, so he can't use it to travel faster.

Many would perceive such power 'useless', and it may be completely fair to call such power useless if the price was 100 years of your lifespan,

But Lexis not once thought this power as useless, hope was all he had...

"This time a young man, i hope he has some nice money, people stopped to come via this route after that incident in Brackates, he is a valuable prey for me."

A bandit, who was following lexis in the shadows, said this to himself.

The route Lex took to reach Brackates was a route that is always full of merchants and people travelling, and also full of mountain thieves and bandits, but as the bandit following lex said,
A certain 'incident' affected the travel of people...

And Lexis was the one and only prey this bandit got in the past few weeks, so following him was all he could do.

"I think he is going to Brackates, yes, he is following the exact same route, this means he  should have some great money on him."

As the bandit stepped up to attack lexis's neck from behind with a knife, he thought this to himself.

Bandits in this area usually kills their target and then do their deed, it can be anywhere between selling his body parts to snatching the valuables their target has.

"He vanished!!!???"
The bandit said this,
As lexis vanished just before being hit, the bandit was in utter shock!!

And then he noticed his knife was missing...

"The hunter becomes the hunted, huh?"

Lexis sarcastically said this while he pointed the knife at the bandit's neck,

He was laughing in irony while the bandit stood petrified in an utter disbelief!

"Wait, wait, wait sir! please don't kill me, i was just a businessman doing my business."

As the bandit pleaded, Lexis had some other serious stuff to ask.

"Answer my questions, or you will see the earth."
The fear struck the coward bandit, he was ready to tell lexis anything.

"Yes My lord, please ask, I will tell you anything I know"
Crying in a cowardly manner, the bandit yet again pleaded to lexis.

"I am..."

The bandit was in utter fear, he thought of lexis as a government agent, trying to find the boss of all the bandits in this area, and interestingly enough, the bandit was ready to sell his boss.

"I am..." Lexis continued,

"I AM LOST, Can you please tell me the way to fushio, I will spend the night there before travelling to Brackates"