Chapter 5

"Dad! Dad!" The little boy ran toward his dad who was drinking his coffee while checking on his phone. Crescent looked at him with a warm smile, as he knew his son want to know what happened next with grandpa Dream.

  "You don't need to say something to me, I know what you gonna to say." Crescent smile with a chucked. He picked him up and put him on his lap. "Alright, where was I, oh yes." Then be begin to continue the story.

  ....::::**•°❄❇☸❇❄°•**::::....

Dream finally woke up from his unconscious, his hand on his head trying to remember about yesterday. He felt something warm, covering his both hands when he looked at it. He was shocked that he was wearing warm yellow gloves. But somehow he was already wearing his previous gloves.

Wasn't it enough to prevent it from spreading ice in this room? The room was completely frozen like he's in a cold cave. He needs to apologize to Cross for making his room a disaster. He gently stood up but fall down in pain. One of his leg was wrapped by cotton wrapper.

  Dream crawled to the door and reached his hand to the doorknob, unfortunately he was too far away from it since he was crouching down and cannot stand up because of this broken leg. He was about to knocked the door but someone gently open and shocked when CROSS saw him on the cold floor.

  "Dream! Why did you get off of the bed." He asked worryingly for him. "You're hurt!"

  Cross used his magic to carried him up and laid him on the bed. He walked to the window to unlock the lock. "I'll open the window to keep your warm alright. It's sunny day out there."

  When he unlocked and open it widely. The warm sunlight hit Dream's body and he felt the warm flowing through his body. The Oreo looked at him with a warm smile. "Feeling better?"

  "Sorta?" Dream said, with his not-so-confident tone.

  "Don't worry, it will melt the ice and vapour the water." Cross smiled warmly, his hands are on his hip. "I may not be a good at science but I know I have learned it when I was at school before becoming the Royal Guard."

  "You're a Royal Guard??" Dream was surprised to hear what Cross told him and feel bad for him. "Oh my star! I'm so sorry for disturbing your work! I have to get going now–"

  "Don't be sorry Dream, I already reported to my commander what happened and he gave me a day off, until you're finally heal and get ready to go." He said, sitting next to him. "May I ask, what role are you?"

  "... I don't know, I may be a guardian and protect of positive but something that I don't want that role my mother gave me. I want to become a guardian of angel to protect my brother Nightmare from being hell..." Dream explained, staring at his hands with his sad face. "It's my fault that my brother is gone, and now he's might be in heaven... Away from me."

  "Someone told me my brother is dead when I was passed out. And whispering me of something. It wasn't clearly but I knew it saying something." He ended his explanation.

  "Wow, you must've been having a hard life." Cross said crossed his legs on his bed, looking at him with a smile. "But hey, look at the bright side you might have new friends especially me!"

  "Thank you, Cross." The Guardian hugged him in tears. "Thank you... So much..."

  Days passed and Dream's legs finally feel better. Cross helped him walk by holding his hands and walk back. Dream was blushed in embarrassment when he hold his hands. It was the warmest moment in his life.

  Dream smile at the Royal Guard, finally able to walk for many days. "Thank you again Cross!"

  "You're welcome, Dream." Cross said, one of his hand waving at him and the other one was on his hip. "Take care."

   Dream nodded at him, teleported away to the another AU. He landed on the soft grass but it was covered in snow. He was curious what AU he was in. The AU was cold as ice. Thankfully there isn't a blizzard coming toward him, even more worst avalanche.

  His soul glow and it wasn't yellow but replace a blue apple. "What the?" He was so confused and doesn't know what was going on.

  The blue spark flow out from his soul and slowly turning into a Phoenix but blue? What was going on here? How did this happen??

  "It's your spirit animal." A soft woman voice spoke behind his back. Dream turned his body to see the Frost Queen walking toward him with her staff. "It will help you guide your way after your death."

  "My what??" Dream looked at him, completely shocked. He was probably sure he was misheard. "You're buffing around right??"

  "I'm sorry, but it isn't. After your death, you will reborn again and protect the person you care about." She explained in monotone. "There is no turning back, not even the reset or overwrite will save you."

  "So it's means that I would never see my biological brother in heaven or hell?" Dream felt he was about to cry. "He won't miss me right? I-I am probably sure he can go without me."

  The Frost Queen went silent, remembering when he met his brother in heaven.

  "Your majesty! Please! I want to see my brother in heaven!!" The real Nightmare cried, hugging her waist. "I know I did the cruelest things to him, but I promise I will be good–

"SILENT!" The Frost Queen shouted at Nightmare. The poor dark guardian immediately let her go in fear. "It's his will to become a what he wish, it wasn't me... I'm sorry, even though you reincarnated to a new life... He will still become your guardian... Accept this fate, you don't need to blame on someone or yourself..."

  "Yes, he can go without you." She lied to him, she really living to this poor one but she must complete her task. "He doesn't miss you, I'm sure..."