A lot of people came to talk to me, being the daughter of a Duke and I didn't like that at all. I had two moods: when I was in a good mood I liked meeting new people and when I was in a bad mood like now because of Alastair, I didn't like humans and didn't want to talk to them, not interested in their lives. The fact that these people only wanted to be in the good graces of my father by talking to me wasn't helping. I was an empath and could feel how fake their smiles were from afar. I told them that my father didn't care about me and that they could just go away which saved me some space. Therefore I just bit my tongue and waited. The only person I wanted to see was Orange but I couldn't find her anywhere and it was making me worry.

Looking at the crowd I suddenly noticed black hair. It was Astéria. We were the same age and of course would enter High School at the same time. I didn't like romance but was quite interested in the expression Astéria would make when she would faint falling in love. I couldn't imagine her blank face in love and couldn't wait to see it. However I was very surprised to see that Astéria wasn't looking at Alastair. Ew, even their names sounded the same. Who was the author?

Maybe she didn't see him yet but she was staring straight at me which made me a little shy. She was getting prettier by the day and I had a hard time maintaining eye contact. Why was she looking at me the way she did? Did I have something on my face? I could still feel her glance on me and was growing uncomfortable. I didn't really care if people looked at me. I was gorgeous after all so I could understand the urge but being stared at for multiple minutes was weird. Stop looking at me! Look at the male lead! Not at me. With his blond hair and his basic prince smile. There was something really disturbing in Astéria's stare and I started fidgeting.

I was so anxious that I didn't see the first romantic scene of the book. It wasn't that bad. I had a lot of time to see these two be a way too in love couple. I knew it was all for revenge but this book was still about romance for a few more years. I could observe in secret and disappear as soon as blood appeared. The next scene would be where we thought Astéria would fall in love with Alastair. She didn't see him in the crowd but he would follow her to the library and save her from a fall. This was so cliché that my head hurt. Wasn't this in every romance ever? Even my friend crinched.

The entrance ceremony finished and we went to class afterwards. We didn't have enough time to look around so I couldn't find Orange. I was so sad that we weren't in the same class and jerked around every time I saw a blond person. I was really worried that these people would bully her because she was a year younger. I sat in the center of the class whereas Astéria sat in the back not hiding the fact that she was already bored of this day. I raised my eyes to the ceiling. Why did I have such a soft place for charismatic people? As if she felt my glance, Astéria suddenly raised her head and I froze, almost choking on my saliva. This made the kids around me panic and they asked me if I was alright. Astéria on the other hand continued staring with empty eyes. I had no idea what was going on in her mind and I didn't want to know. My pride crumbled and I wanted to act as if nothing happened. I didn't think too much about it and went back to ignoring her. I was in the same class as her which was dangerous. Not bullying her wasn't enough. I needed to completely disappear from her life. I couldn't die. Not again.

I didn't have time to think about it with classes starting and as soon as they stopped I ran to find Orange.

"There you are! I have been looking for you for hours!

-I'm sorry.

-Don't apologize, it's not your fault. How was your first day?

-Good. Yours?

-It wasn't that bad. Teachers seem nice. I am curious to see what this year's subjects are going to be. I heard we'll have new ones very soon. Are people in your class nice?