{11.}

Alan Cameron couldn't help it. He was in awe, and he couldn't take his eyes off of Leah Clearwater since the moment she walked into the house. Frankly, any other guy would have done the same. Well, all except one.

"You're lucky Janet isn't here."

"Who?" Alan asked still admiring the Alpha.

"Your wife." Jared frowned. "Dude." He went to smack his shoulder. "Tell me you're not serious right now."

Immediately, Alan's eyes widened. How could he have forgotten? Be so stupid? Was that even possible? He quickly looked over to see if anyone else had caught him starring and sure enough, his mother had already been looking at him. Before continuing her conversation with Ms. Clearwater, she sent him a smile and he wasn't sure what it meant. Maybe she didn't actually see right? It could have been a 'it's okay' kind of smile.

"I need to go." He quickly stood up and walked out of there. He was heading in the direction of his car when he realized his sister was coming out of the woods with Piper. Laughing and shoving each other like nothing had happened, like the two hadn't just turned into giant wolves and started fighting.

"Hey, where you going?"

"Hey?" Alan furrowed his brows at his little sister. "Hey? You turned into a giant wolf and all you can say is hey?"

"Hi?" She tried again.

"Really?" He sighed.

"I'm going to head inside. See you around Alan." Piper sent him a small wave before taking off.

"Absolutely not." He shook his head, making the Lahote girl laugh.

"Are you afraid of me?" Raelyn took a step towards him which made his take one back. "Of course you are."

"What do you want me to say?" He practically yelled.

"Maybe that it's going to be okay? That you still love me and that I'll always be your little sister?" She practically begged. "I never asked for any of this, but it happened and now I'm suffering from it. So don't you dare leave me alone and make me look like the bad guy. I need you."

Alan starred sat his sister trying to process her words but he couldn't really gather his thoughts. Especially when Leah kept popping in and he hates it.

"I have to go find Janet. She's probably worried."

"Y-yeah." Raelyn nodded. "You do that." She added just to hide the fact that she's hurt.

She began walking away not waiting for a proper goodbye or anything. She watched him drive off-she wasn't sure what was going to happen now. This was all too much too fast and they were slowly becoming a soap opera. She hated it, she hated that this was the kind of stuff that they will now have to deal with. On the regular from what it seems.

•••

"So, you imprinted on my brother?"

"Yeah." Leah nodded trying to avoid Raelyn's eyes.

It seemed that after the girls and the council all gathered in the Clearwater household so much needed to be done and said. Especially with the Alan situation. Although it was all mostly the councils decision, they felt the Cameron's should have a say on what should be done.

"Yes." Raelyn voted and turned towards her brother.

"No." Jared had expressed rather quickly. "I don't think you should tell him. It's only going to ruin a perfectly good marriage. He's happy."

"but it's not that simple." Kim attempted to explain. "When we imprint, a connection is formed. My guess is that he already feels it, but it has everything to do with the imprinter. They're the ones who feel everything. Especially when they're not with their imprint."

"Take your sister for example." Piper smirked which led to Raelyn to flip her of.

"It's different because Paul hates or hated Rae, we don't know where he stands now." Leah explained. "But as you can see, it causes your sister pain. He may no have liked your sister before, but I'm sure after the imprint, she's all he thinks about. Sooner or later, things will work out."

"Yes." Ms. Cameron expressed which left Jared very annoyed. "it won't be fair to Janet. Weather he like it or not he's going to have a connection to Leah. And it's up to him and only him to decide what he wants to do."

"This is crazy." Raelyn frowned. "Growing up, he had a crush on Le-" Raelyn paused looking over at Leah hoping she didn't hear her, but she did.

"What about Sam?" Leah asked. "I can't break his heart, and i can't da- he and Alan are practically best friends."

"He'll have to get over it, but it's up to you Leah. Stay with Sam or talk to Alan about it."

"I love Sam. We're engaged. I can't hurt him."

All eyes were on the Alpha. Not one person in that room ever thought it would be this hard having to be a shapeshifter, but here they were. Trying to figure it all out. Trying to get through it. As much as Raelyn was okay with the entire situation, she also cared for Janet, who was like a big sister to her. She was there when she had her first period. When she needed advice. To lose her would be like losing a sibling.