Chapter Twenty-Three

-Two Days on the sea pass, because you're insane.- 

You were drifting along the sea on your back right now, annoyed with how long this was taking you.

'Why....am I such an idiot?' You questioned yourself, only continuing to swim when you felt the water rippling against your skin. Someone was close.

You continued to swim in the direction of marineford, muttering about how you were older than you used to be. Of course you were. Idiot.

You saw a ship passing, noticing the whale. Oh SHIT IT WAS WHITEBEARD.

You immediately called out, waving as you swam. Marco scoped you out, looking down at you with surprise, but then dissapointment.

He picked you up with his talons, and dropped you onto the deck.

You laughed, smiling softly as Marco leaned over your form.

"Why in the actual fuck-yoi?" He asked, sitting you up.

"I had to get to Ace." You said, casually.

The commanders laughed, each of them not surprised by your bullshit.

The rookies looked at you, murmuring amongst themselves as you stood up, towering over Marco.

"Its so convenient that you were here, bestie." You said, turning to Whitebeard. He glared down at you, but chuckled. "You're still as beautiful as ever. Wrinkles suit you well."

"Thank you, I embrace them." You chuckled, "you look...rough, but in a good way." You say with a smile, slowly grinning.

He shook his head, "of course youd say that."

"Heyyy, I'm not me without backhanded compliments." You chuckled, "but I'm here to help with Ace. I will do everything in my power to save him." You said with confidence.

Whitebeard nodded, "you are one of my strongest Allies. Thank you."

"Anything for a friend." I hum, and turn to Marco. "I know marineford like the back of my hand. I was there most of my early years." You said, and stole a piece of paper, drawing out a map of the island.

"Ace will be on the execution stand...right here." You hummed, pointing.

"He's going to be heavily guarded, I'm betting sengoku will be there since he expects you guys. They don't expect me to show my face there. That's where we can get them."

Everyone slowly gathered around as you explained the plan, giving them all an assignment and role. "Now, im betting on your allies being there aswell. They love Ace." You said, "they're also loyal as hell to their pops."

Everyone nodded with a grin, liking that they're not just rushing into the battlefield anymore.

"Now, the three Admirals will be sitting along with garp, since they'll need a close eye on him. My father- or garp, is very emotionally tied to Ace and luffy- I'll probabaly end up fighting him or one of the Admirals." You say, glancing up at whitebeard, who nodded in agreement.

"Its going to be serious, but I'm sure you know that already." You looked straight into Marco's eyes with worry. "I am so scared." Is what your eyes spoke.

He nodded, and pulled you in for a hug, understanding the heart-wrenching pain of fighting those you'd once stood by..one you'd once eloped with.

"I hope you're ready for this." Izo said, placing a hand on your shoulder. "This will be tough for you."

You glanced at the feminine man, enjoying the aesthetic of him. "Mmm, yeah. You're right, but it's for my Ace, for my promise. I keep my promises." You say.

"We know you do, you're amazing at that." Marco said, placing a hand on your fluffy hair. "We're happy youre the one here with us right now."

You grinned, "me too, it's been a few months since I've seen you guys."

Marco nodded, "except Ace isn't here." The two of you looked at eachother with a sadness in your eyes, as you both missed that little shit.

Sighing softly, you stood up, pulling Marco up with you. "Its alright. We'll get through this together. All of us." You said, smiling.

Everyone smiled at you, cheering. Whitebeard also looked at you, you looked happier, more free. Your secrets weren't holding you down so much anymore.

.....

You had been on the ship for awhile, the wind pushing your fluffy hair to and fro.

Marco walked over with two bowls of steaming soup, sitting next to you. He handed you a bowl.

You silently took it, looking into the brothy mess of food. You felt marco lean against your shoulder, looking out at the sea.

"So..about Ace." Marco hummed, looking up at you.

"I know, it's going to be alright marco, I've said this." You mumbled, looking over at him. "I'll try my best. I promise."

Marco nodded, and leaned further against you, chuckling when you pulled him into your lap. You placed your chin ontop his head, setting your bowl to the side as you hugged him tight.

He sighed in content, leaning back against your chest.

He was simply comfortable with the way you held him, kind of like a mother to her son. You always cared for him in the sweetest way. You always cared for everyone in the sweetest way.

"Thank you." Marco hummed, going back to sitting next to you. You picked up the soup and nodded softly, "You're welcome." You hummed, and began eating.

He ate with you, sitting in a comfortable silence as the rest of Whitebeard's crew stalked the two of you, amazed by the sweetness you portrayed.

Well, the rookies were more surprised than anyone, they'd never met you until now.

You and Marco looked at eachother, laughing after you'd finished, the sun setting.

"I can't believe that I don't hang out with you guys more often...maybe later in more preferable positions." You said, looking down at him.

He hugs you tightly, hiding his face in your collar, you could feel the tears.

"Its alright.." you say, humming, rubbing his back. "Listen, I love you Marco. We'll do our best to save Ace, and hopefully succeed."

"Yeah...we can only hope."