Chapter Fourteen

[UH, Here's a design of you! If you're a newer reader, then don't mind this, it'll be added in chapter 2 or 3]

"So, that's how life works these days." You said, looking over at the boy who covered his face with his hand.

"It's not always easy, but being happy is just about the best thing you can be." You ruffled his hair with a straight face as your feet rested in the water on a marine's ship.

His ginger hair glistened in the sun as you reached over to ruffle it. "I failed that."

He looked up at you with his blue eyes, curiosity filling them as he inched closer.

His curiosity turned to fear as a shadow loomed over you.

"Ah, Akainu." You looked up at the new admiral, whom you loved at the time.

He looked down with a hidden, sickly sweetness, placing a hand on your head. You looked at the boy, a motherly expression replacing your discomfort in seconds.

"We'll talk more about that later, come here." He sat in your lap as you ruffled his hair with a smile slowly making its way on your face.

You stood up, and put your shoes back on, walking away from Akainu.

"Roci, come." You said, handing the boy off to him.

He grinned and nodded, picking up the boy.

"I have to take care of some stuff. Please keep him safe."

He gave you a quick thumbs up as you turned away.

Akainu's hand slid around your waist, resting right at your curve.

"Thank you, Roci." You called, a hand on Akainu's, discomfort visible in your eyes.

He looked at you with worry, but shrugged it off, you were happy, weren't you? You married that man.

Tears blind your vision as you sit up from your bed. You were both messy and upset today.

Nozomu slowly entered your room without knocking, "Captain. Are you alright?" He asked, worried.

He could not be trusted.

"Yes, Im alright, now exit my room, please." You said, and curled up in your sheets.

Your vulnerability, it was too much right now.

He walked over, placing a hand on your head.

No, no- you couldn't.

You looked over at him with tears in your eyes. "Nozomu.." you murmured, and shifted, your head fully on his hand.

His face erupted into shades of red, now rubbing your cheek as your eyes closed.

A tear hit his wrist. Was his Captain..crying?

"I think you need a hug, Captain."

"I do..I need one so bad." You whispered, "I want Crocodile..."

His eyes widened as he looked down at you, then went half-lidded- his face was straight.

"You don't even know him, Captain, why do you want him?" He asked.

"He makes me feel warm." You admitted, "not too hot, not too cold..he's perfect, perfect for hugging- for touches on my skin, for kisses."

Nozomu was taken aback by You, You were never like this- why were you so hooked on a guy you barely even knew. He didn't know, and he didn't WANT to care.

Yet, he did.

"Hes not here, Captain." He tried reasoning, smiling softly.

"I want him, Nozomu. I really want him."

"You don't need him, Captain." He replied, and sighed.

"I don't, but it'd sure be nice to have him." You said, and sat up, pulling in your first mate for a hug.

"I've got you, though."

His heart erupted, false hope blossoming throughout his body as you squeezed him tightly against yourself.

Your heart was in his hands, you were letting him see a part of yourself that no one had seen; besides a certain Silver-haired male.

However, your heart was inching away, not ready to be held by someone like him. Someone who also kept his secrets.

You knew way more about him; than he knew about you.

The captain always has the upper-hand in these things.

Pulling away from Nozomu, you fixed your hair to look- at the least- presentable.

"Nozomu, I'd like to into town. Grab dinner..just with you." You expressed, and crossed your arms, "I don't know why, but it'd be nice to share something with you."

His face basically glowed whenever you had asked that.

"Once we get to water seven, there's this Italian place-!" Arms were quickly wrapped around you as he laughed.

You felt droplets of tears against your shoulder. Oh, he was crying.

"You don't know how much this means to me.." he whispered, "I've been waiting years to go out with you again!" He yelled, and only got more emotional as your arms wrapped around him.

"Yeah, yeah, Nozo." You rolled your eyes, "come on, now." You sighed, and ran your fingers through his straight, blue locks.

He flushed, and pulled away from you, "I can't wait to hit water seven."

"Go tell Nejirou to use his fruit, I don't want to see Skypeia or Long Ring Long Land. They're both terribly boring." You sighed, and rubbed the back of your head.

He mumbled something to himself before nodding, gathering his bearings before he opened the door; therefore, you were left alone. The darkness of your room was the only thing able to comfort you now.

You sighed, and layed back on your bed, "do I really want this, Roger? Is this what I wanted?" You murmured to yourself.

You shook your head, sitting up, "im supposed to be happy, that you're at rest- twenty years after- nonetheless." You whispered, messing with the sheet fabric.

"I really hate the fact that you died though, I wonder where Rayleigh is? Sabaody, probabaly. He's always in the most useful places, I mean- his wife probably dragged him there to boot." You mentally cursed at yourself, "now I'm just talking to myself!"

You stayed on your bed, grumpy and laying upon it.

"Wait a minute." You said to yourself, "oh my god, Water 7 is crawling with freaks from CP9! Ohhh the government will know FOR SURE that I'm out at sea again!" You groaned.

Somehow, the government was always one step ahead of you. It's like they knew your plans.

Your eyes widened in a sudden realization, before narrowing into a glare.

"Thats why water 7 is our main target." You whispered.

"Backstabber."