Chapter Eight

Your feet crunched along the sands of Alabasta, your eyes closed as you seemingly walked absent-minded.

In reality, you were at your key observation point. After leaving the hotel this morning, you and Nozomu decided to scope out the rest of Rain Base. This was just to get an idea of what changed. To update your journals.

Your eyes suddenly opened as a familiar presence began to seep into your subconscious, alerting you.

"I thought you said you were leaving." Crocodile's golden hook shined menacingly, almost blinding your good eye.

"I was, Crocy, but I had to see everything that changed. Alubarna is no longer ravishing. Rain Base is still ravishing." You muttered, and looked at the dusty sands ahead.

Crocodile couldn't help but smirk at your sense of calm, though he quickly got irritated by your next sentence.

"I should be going-!" You were cut off by a hand gripping your wrist. Even if you could easily break out, how could you deny a hot man? You just couldn't. Never.

"Is there something wrong with me? You're my ally. Were supposed to be somewhat friendly with each other." He glared, though he made a good point.

Crocodile's emotions were spiraling as he looked at you. On one hand, you just tried to ditch him! On the other, your sweetness was something he took pleasure in.

"Its not the right time yet!" You finally exclaimed, "I know I'll meet you again in the future Crocodile."

He seemed shocked by the compassion in your voice. The pureness that radiated off of a tormented soul.

"I-." For once, he did not know what to say.

"Im sorry. I really am. You're really sweet, and I'd love to spend alot more time with you- but i have alot of things going on right now, and I'd really like to get my shit straight before we meet again." You explained, and grabbed his hand. "But I promise you, that I'll see you again, and then we'll talk, and visit each other all the time. My ally forever."

Crocodile was both confused and flustered about this whole situation. "I understand." He didn't know what you really meant, but he had the spirit.

Your speaking was confusing, but isn't everyone's?

Yeah, just about.

You leaned down, and pressed a soft kiss to his lips before you turned away.

The usually smug man, now stood. He was baffled that a woman like you could make his heart race, and his brain fuzzy.

"I'll see you soon, Crocodile. I know it," and with that, you walked away. The only thing left was the scent of cherries and peppermint. A weird combination, yet it worked so well.

........

The eyes of your crew all fell to you as you boarded the Heart Locket.

"Yeah. I'm about ready." You said with a depressed expression.

"Where are we off to next?" Nozomu asked, placing a hand on your shoulder.

"Well, with the food we have, I bet we could skip a couple islands." You stated, and returned his gesture with a head pat.

"I was thinking of heading over to Water-7. That'd mean we'd skip over Jaya- but seeing a certain old man might be cool tooo- and then past Skypeia- not really missing lately I've heard." You slowly explained to yourself.

"Well, Im not a fan of Long Ring Lond Land." Nozomu chimed in, shivering. "Everything is so...long."

"You trying to cover up for something, Nozo?" You snorted, and began laughing as Nozomu sulked on the floor, muttering curses.

"Yeahhh, that just means we're going to Water-7, I've heard there were spies Nozomu." You said while smiling down at him. "For the government."

He froze at that, and looked up at you, "so we're just gonna go there?!" He yelled.

"I wanna stop at Jaya, and then we'll go." You hummed, "gotta see ol cricket!" You laughed.

"You really know everyone, Y/n-Sama!" Azzy exclaimed, giggling as she climbed up the ropes to the crows nest.

"Yeah! I sailed all over the grandline! I even made it to the end." You said softly, smiling.

"Those days were fun." You whispered, and shook away those negative feelings that began to crawl on your back.

Nozomu hugged you tightly, yet it didn't feel like a normal, comforting hug.

You pulled away, shaking your head. He was never good at hugging you.

"I'll be in my room, set a course for Jaya." You sighed, moving to begin walking into your room.

You turned to look at Nozomu, "Dont. Bother. Me." You made sure he knew what you said and meant by that sentence.

He gulped, and nodded, backing up.

You huffed air out of your nose, and stepped into your room, shutting the door. The lock clicked, and you were now meant with the coldness of your room. Your eyes trailed to the empty, cold looking bed.

Why was everything so cold now?

Ever since you'd met the warlord who dwelled in Arabasta- which was only a day, mind you- everything seemed..empty.

How did you attach yourself to someone so fast?

Was it the way you met him? The way he spoke to you with actual interest, or was it the way his hands worshipped your body?

You had no clue. You didn't even care anymore, you just wanted to jump off of this ship, and swim to him.

It wasn't possible.

Your eyes closed as you backed against your door, arms crossing tightly when thoughts intruded on your good mood.

When you layed with him, those thoughts melted away.

You wouldn't get attached too fast, it can't end up like your last relationship. It ended in divorce.

Him. You misjudged his character, and now he cares about his duty more than anything in the world. Even his ex-wife.

Your fist slammed against the wall, teeth grinding against one another as your mind wandered down memory lane.

The screams, the fake apologies, the yelling, the searing pain. The love that wasn't there..

That's what hurt you the most, how the love faded away. No physical pain hurt you more than his words.

"I haven't loved you ever since we got married. Get that through your thick skull, Y/n!"

You held back a sob, sitting on your bed as your hands covered your face.

The scars began to burn, feeling as if your skin was being melted to the bone.

You never deserved that, you deserved better.

Yet, you've been single for years upon years.  You were also too scared, although that was something you'd never admit to anyone. Not even Nozomu.

No one ever seemed to come your way anymore.

Except him. His black hair, the length being perfect for pulling. His fashion sense needed some work, but it still looked good on him. His lips, though chapped, were perfect when they pressed against yours. His rough hands caressing your abs and chest.

You wiped your tears, and layed back on your bed, imagining his arms firmly wrapped around your waist or vice versa.

God, how you wanted that. To be treated right. To be in a healthy relationship. To get married, and live together happily.

But that was not the life of a pirate, especially one who's secrets made her valuable to the government.

Especially one who was broken.