61) Souvenir

🦋

That night for the first time the princess broke the protocol set up by her father. The King of the nation.

Holding the hands of the vines which were hanging down from the tall, stone wall of the palace she came down with a small jump.

Her long white skirt with flowers embroidered on the corners had turned dirty due to the algae on the wall.

She dusted off the dirt of the skirt as much as she could and, roaming her gaze around her surroundings, she looked, if her father's spy were having eyes on her but for her luck and clever mind everyone in the palace thought the princess was sleeping in her room.

Her feet drummed against the wet soil of the forest. Her long black hair waved behind her and the smile on her lips got bigger and bigger as the distance between her and her home increased.

She was getting away from her home, her people and getting closer to her lover.

The snakes slithering on the branches of the tall and big trees hissed and the birds perching making a hole in the trunk glanced at the young girl who was so mad in love that breaking every boundary of the society she was running to get her love.

The only matriarch was running to her lover.

In the excitement of meeting her lover after so long her feet found an uneven pace and her speed increased so was her love for her lover.

Suddenly she tumbled on one of the broken branches of the tree.

The beautiful princess was about to tumble and kiss the ground when a hand trapped her tiny waist. Saving her.

Her eyes were closed with her lips stretching into a heart melting smile.

Ever so slowly she opened her eyes and found him staring back at her.

Her blue eyes swarmed with warm tears as she studied the scars and cuts of his face.

His hair was all disheveled, his eyes getting sunken. Her lover, who has the power to defeat six men at a time, was weak with swollen, bloody lips, thin and tall frame.

"You waited for me? "

She whispered, her lips quivering seeing the condition of her lover. It's been more than a few months and she is seeing him now.

The man in love who has traveled a long distance to get her, who has waited for this girl for six long months. Surviving only a little amount of bread and fruits looked at his beautiful lover and whispered back.

"Of course."

"Do you really think one can love someone so much that they can travel from one part of the world to the other only to see his lover ? Is it really possible for a girl to leave all the power, her family, her people only for her love, " Aadya asked Vikram who was reading the romantic fantasy book of princess and the hunter to her.

Vikram looked away from the words in the yellow crisp pages and met her eyes.

She was munching on the dairy milk he bought for her.

Aadya offered him the chocolate but he shook his head and said,"I don't know. I am very new to this feeling of love."

Aadya smiled, knowing that she had introduced him to this feeling. It was afternoon and they were snuggled together under a warm white duvet on the couch of the living room.

Vikram was reading for her while Aadya was laying over him with her head resting on his chest.

For only namesake she was dwelling on the story. She was actually busy gawking at her husband while eating the chocolate. He was looking hot in rimmed glasses.