Chapter 35 - The Red Bull

Start from the beginning

The buzzing sound of my phone broke me out of my reverie. Franco, Nico and I glanced at it. My hands tightened on the steering wheel at the name that flashed across my screen.

Ever since Aaliyah left my villa, she had been texting and calling me nonstop. Most of the texts were merely apologies for behaving like a crazed woman. I didn't reply to any of it.

"I'm starting to think Aaliyah is innocent." Nico voiced out from the backseat with a frown as another text from Aaliyah came through. I gritted my teeth in annoyance and turned off my phone.

"Why would you think that, Niccolò? She's working for my father and she tried to destroy my marriage with Sienna." I said, keeping my gaze glued to the road. Buildings passed by in a blur as my SUV zoomed down the street. It was fucking fast.

Damn, I loved this baby.

"I can't believe she could do such a thing to all of us." Franco muttered under his breath in bewilderment. He was never really close to Aaliyah. They chatted and joked around on multiple occasions but they never really connected.

Niccolò was more closer to her than any of us. That's why he was being persistent that Aaliyah wasn't involved in my father's plans to destroy me.

"I understand that concept, Blade. I'm not supporting her actions. It was inappropriate and wrong," He said, "I just don't think Aaliyah is who you paint her out to be. She isn't capable of betraying us like that. You said it yourself that she had feelings for you. What could she possibly achieve by killing you?"

"I don't wanna talk about this anymore, Niccolò. Her earrings were there right after the incident. The shit you say won't change my mind. I just need more substantial proof before I can get rid of her completely. I don't want anyone getting hurt by her and my father." I said with an air of finality. Franco didn't say anything further to add to the conversation. He was immersed in his own thoughts, gazing out the window with an unreadable expression on his face.

We all got our own problems but we faced them together as a family. I hoped his relationship with Rachel collapsed. Call me whatever you want. I was being brutally honest. He needed to ditch the bitch and face the reality that she wasn't in love with him.

Nico retorted back with a snarky tone, "I was only being logical, seeing things from a different perspective. You don't have to get upset or loose your shit, man."

I ignored him and focused on driving. I didn't want to entertain thoughts about Aaliyah neither did I want to believe in the possibility that she was innocent. Right now, we had a problem to deal with.

I parked my SUV in the spacious parking lot of the casino. It was already packed with luxurious cars but I was able to find a good spot. We all got out and stared at the massive building.

A red flashing neon sign blinked 'The Red Bull' painting the parking lot and the elegantly dressed people making their way into the building in a pulsating crimson glow. The Red Bull was the highest-rated casino in the whole of America. It was known to be engaged in broad spectrum of illegal activities like; corruption of public officials, gambling, loan sharking. You name it.

Just the sight of it made my skin crawl. I promised myself long ago that I was never gonna step foot here, but here I was, rethinking my choices. I had to do this. My father was here for a reason. Horrid scenarios of his business here gnawed at my subconscious.

"So what's the plan?" Franco asked as we stepped into the crowded building. The casino facility paraded a grand setup that featured gambling tables and slot machines, bars, restaurants, showrooms, theaters and many more. The casino was combined with a hotel for temporary lodging for the influential customers.