I Can Dream Can't I

As we eye

The blue horizon's bend

Earth and sky

Appear to meet and end

But it's merely an illusion

Like your heart and mine

There is no sweet conclusion

I can see

No matter how near you'll be

You'll never belong to me

But I can dream

Can't I

Can't I pretend

That I'm locked in the bend

Of your embrace

For dreams

Are just like wine,

And I am drunk

With mine

I'm aware

My heart is a sad affair

There's much disillusion there

But I can dream

Can't I

Can't I adore you

Although we are oceans apart

I can't make you open your heart

But I can dream

Can't I

Can't I adore you

Although we are oceans apart

I can't make you open your heart

But I can dream

Can't I

Lady Matilda keeps her eye on Lord John Howard and the reason she has traveled back into time was to save Lord John Howard.

Lady Matilda Carey, when she is given free time, watches Lord John Howard as he attends court at King Edward IV court and she is the favorite of Queen Elizabeth Woodville and is always in attendance of Queen Elizabeth Woodville.

Queen Elizabeth Woodville looks at Lady Matilda Carey and asks "Is Lady Carey interested in Lord Howard?"

"Your Majesty. I like Lord Howard very much but he is a married man with a wife and children." Lady Carey tells her.

"I don't want to be branded a scarlet woman." Lady Carey tells her.

"Lady Carey, my husband the King is infamous for his roaming eye for the ladies, but I have come to accept it." Queen Elizabeth explains.

"I don't think any of his majesty's ancestors but King Edward I didn't have a roaming eye." Queen Elizabeth Woodville tells her.

"Did you know that when Queen Guinevere and Sir Lancelot were caught in the act of adultery, she was sentenced to burn to the stake and he was exiled, but he came to her rescue and she was sent to a convent." Queen Elizabeth Woodville tells her.

"When King Henry II got tired of Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine. She stayed in the castle and she only allowed her to come out during holidays of Christmas, Easter, and New Year's Eve and Day. He wasn't able to procure a church annulment, so he could marry the Fair Lady Rosalind." Queen Elizabeth Woodville tells her.

"I am sure that there have been many English monarchs and I know that King Louis VII was given a divorce on the grounds that during their marriage she didn't have a son, but two daughters, Princess Marie of France, Countess of Champagne and Princess Alice of France, Countess of Blois and her daughter, Lady Margaret of Blois." Queen Elizabeth Woodville explains.

"It was said that King Richard I didn't like his father and his youngest brother was his father's favorite son and King Richard I was his mother's son." Queen Elizabeth explains.

"Lord John Howard is the grandson of Lord Thomas De Mowbray through his daughter, Lady Margaret who married Sir Robert Howard." Queen Elizabeth states.

"Lord Thomas de Mowbray has a great-great-grandson named Lord John who is Duke of Norfolk and he has a daughter, Lady Anne who was born 10 December 1472 and grand-great-great-grandfather was Lord Thomas de Mowbray through his second son, and Lord John Howard is the grandson of Lord Thomas De Mowbray through his eldest daughter, Lady Margaret." Queen Elizabeth explains.

"Prince Richard, Duke of York was born one year after Lady Anne de Mowbray." Queen Elizabeth tells her.

"Lady Anne is the only surviving child of the marriage of Lord John de Mowbray and Lady Elizabeth Talbot." Queen Elizabeth tells Lady Matilda.

"I think his Grace is thinking about marrying our son to Lady Anne de Mowbray as she will become the Countess of Norfolk." Queen Elizabeth explains.

Lady Matilda just listens to Queen Elizabeth Woodville as she watches Lord John Howard talk with King Edward IV, and his two brothers, Prince George, Duke of Clarence who is married to Lady Isabella Neville and with Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester who is still unmarried in 1470

Lady Isabella Neville's youngest sister, Lady Anne didn't marry Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester until 1472 and she became Duchess of Gloucester and they have a son, Prince Edward of Middleham, Prince of Wales who was born in December 1473 but he dies in 1483 right before his father becomes King of England as King Richard III of England.

Lady Matilda can't help but admire Lord John Howard and in the year of 1482, he still isn't Duke of Norfolk.