Princess Elizabeth of York

Princess Elizabeth of York is the eldest child and daughter of King Edward IV who is the eldest child and son of Lord Richard, Duke of York and Lady Cecily and Queen Elizabeth Woodville who is the eldest child and daughter of Sir Richard Woodville and Princess Jacquette of Luxembourg.

Princess Jacquette was previously married to King Henry V's brother,Prince John, Duke of Bedford but when he died he left his widow young and rich and she met and eloped with the charming Sir Richard Woodville when she knew she had to have permission to marry from the King.

Sir Richard Woodville was considerably older than his beautiful bride and she was twenty years old when she married and he was 32 years old but quite handsome and charming and they were made to paid a 1000 pounds to King Henry VI of England and they went onto have 14 children, their eldest son, Lord Lewis Woodville died at early age but the rest of their children primarily their daughters made very good marriages beginning with Lady Elizabeth Woodville who married Sir John Grey of Groby and had two sons, but through through second marriage with King Edward IV sprung ten children and their eldest child and daughter, Princess Elizabeth of York who was born on February 11, 1466, and their eldest son, Prince Edward was born on 2 November 1470 followed by other siblings.

Princess Elizabeth of York's maternal aunts, Anne Woodville, Viscountess Bourchier ,Mary Woodville, Countess of Pembroke,Catherine Woodville, Duchess of Buckingham married into some of the most prominent families in England.

Both Princess Elizabeth's mother, Queen Elizabeth Woodville and her maternal grandmother, Princess Jacquette of Luxembourg were considered two of the most beautiful women of their time.

Princess Elizabeth of York was under the care of Lady Matilda Carey from the time she was born and she became very close to Lady Matilda Carey who traveled back in time to try to save Lord John Howard from entering the Battle of Bosworth in 1485

Lady Matilda Carey knew the outcome of the final battle of The War of Roses and she also knew that Queen Elizabeth Woodville and Lady Margaret Beaufort had entered into agreement that their two oldest children marry if Lady Margaret Beaufort's son, Henry VII who was the less of two evils to Princess Elizabeth's paternal uncle, Prince Richard of Gloucester become King of England.

Lady Matilda Carey also believed that it was Lady Margaret Beaufort who instigated the double murder of Princess Elizabeth's two brothers, King Edward V and his little brother, Prince Richard, Duke of York in 1483 when King Edward IV dies.

Lady Margaret Beaufort wanted to further claim through her ancestry of Prince John of Gaunt, but she came from the natural line of Prince John of Gaunt and his legitimize eldest son, Lord John Beaufort and through his son, Lord John Beaufort who was her father, and through the fact that her late husband, Lord Edmund Tudor was half brother to King Henry VI of England as they both shared the same mother, Princess Catherine of Valois who was the daughter of King Charles VI of France who was the son of King Charles V of France who was the son of King John II of France.

Princess Elizabeth of York grew up at Westminster Palace with her brothers and sisters and technically she was her father's heiress to the throne and she had a better claim to the English through through Prince Lionel of Clarence great-granddaughter, Lady Anne Mortimer who married the son of Lord Edmund,Duke of York who was also the brother of Prince Lionel of Clarence whose son, Richard of Conisburgh, 3rd Earl of Cambridge who was the second son of Prince Edmund, Duke of York and Princess Isabella of Castile, whose older sister, Princess Constance had married Prince John of Gaunt as his second wife, and they had a daughter, Princess Catherine of Lancaster who married King Henry III of Portugal.

Lady Anne Mortimer and Lord Richard, 3rd Earl of Cambridge had a son, Lord Richard who became Lord Richard, Duke of York in 1415 and in October of 1524 he married Lady Cecily Neville, The Rose of Raby and they had Anne of York (10 August 1439 – 14 January 1476). Married to Henry Holland, 3rd Duke of Exeter and Thomas St. Leger.

Henry of York (10 February 1441, Hatfield; died young).

Edward IV of England (28 April 1442 – 9 April 1483). Married to Elizabeth Woodville.

Edmund, Earl of Rutland (17 May 1443 – 30 December 1460).

Elizabeth of York (22 April 1444 – after January 1503). Married to John de la Pole, 2nd Duke of Suffolk (his first marriage, later annulled, had been to Lady Margaret Beaufort when they were both about 3 years old).

Margaret of York (3 May 1446 – 23 November 1503). Married to Charles the Bold, Duke of Burgundy.

William of York (born 7 July 1447, died young).

John of York (born 7 November 1448, died young).

George, Duke of Clarence (21 October 1449 – 18 February 1478). Married to Lady Isabel Neville. Parents of Lady Margaret Pole, Countess of Salisbury.

Thomas of York (born c. 1451, died young).

Richard III of England (2 October 1452 – 22 August 1485). Married to Lady Anne Neville, the sister of Lady Isabel, Duchess of Clarence.

Ursula of York (born 22 July 1455, died young).

It was Lord Richard, Duke of York son, Edward that became King of England and he was known as the come-back kid and he married Lady Elizabeth Woodville, but she was her second husband, as her first husband Sir John Grey of Groby had been killed.

Princess Elizabeth of York was very beautiful and many sought her hand in marriage and King Edward IV had considered marrying his eldest daughter of a French Prince and even to a Portuguese Prince, but it came to naught.

Lady Matilda taught the young princesses how to dance, sing, and she taught them how to read and write, while another tutor taught them Latin, French, Spanish, Literature, and all of the other subjects.

Lady Matilda Carey was a favorite of Princess Jaquette of Bedford, her daughter, Queen Elizabeth of York and even that of Lady Margaret Beaufort as Lady Margaret Beaufort considered her to be a part of The Beaufort through her paternal grand-uncle, Lord Edmund Beaufort and through his daughter, Lady Eleanor Beaufort whose daughter married into the Carey family.

Lady Eleanor Beaufort had married twice and her second husband Robert Spencer of Spencer Combe and they had a daughter name Margaret Spencer who marries Sir Thomas Carey of Chilton Foliat, Wiltshire and Lady Katherine Spencer who married Henry Percy, 5th Earl of Northumberland and she became the mother of Henry Percy, 6th Earl of Northumberland who would fall in love with Lady Anne Boleyn before King Henry VIII caste his eye upon her.

Lady Matilda Carey tells Lady Margaret Beaufort " I am sorry but my father never told me about my family heritage."

"I am content to be a governess to Her Majesty's children until they are married off." Lady Matilda contends.

Lady Matilda keeps her eye on Lord John Howard and the reason she has traveled back into time was to save Lord John Howard.