Chapter 15

After one more dance from Angel, where he sported a leather bodysuit that hugged every curve to perfection, the event ended and everyone shuffled out of the club. Most were drunk and some were rowdy, but making it out of the crowd to wait outside was easier than he'd expected. He watched everyone leave until he was the only one left, leaning against the side of the building. Looking back towards the door, he groaned at the sight of the brutish bouncer walking his way. "Look, bud, you have to leave." He understood, but the whole point of waiting was to walk Angel back to the hotel. Opening his mouth to argue, they both jumped at the sound of snapping. Both men turned toward the door and found Val, on the phone with someone and gushing about the night, and Vox. The electrical Overlord had his arm wrapped lovingly around his partner's waist and he was holding Val's hand. His other hand was what he had snapped at them with.

"Leave him, Yankir." The bouncer took a step toward the business men tentatively.

"But Boss, he's just waiting here. I'm not supposed to let the girls leave with someone out here." Vox listened before looking up at his lover, who glanced down at him and then looked Huskers way. Val put the phone to his chest and tilted his head towards Vox.

"That cat could skin you alive, Yankir, before you pulled out your gun. Besides, he won't harm any of the girls." Vox tapped Val with his fingers and the moth pushed him gently with his hip. "It's not his style." The car that pulled around in front of them was grade A Valentino. A white limo with gold trim covered in a French era fleur pattern that was both gaudy and tasteful. The bouncer took a few steps back, but he didn't leave just yet. Vox opened the door, but it was clear Val would have the last say. The moth turned to look Husker over before smiling.

"Leave him be, Yankir. He's here to escort Angie home, and he wouldn't dare hurt Angie." The word was practically hissed at him and it took more than it should have to keep himself from shivering in response. As gorgeous as the moth was, there was something eerie about him; a sadistic air that all Overlords had, but his seemed to hit in an odd way. Touching you without laying a finger on you, or even being close. He was unnerving in his sexuality and it made him the perfect match to Vox, was unnerving for numerous other reasons. Vox was the type of unsettling that told you he was watching you always. The man slid into the back of the car and Vox gave him a quick glance before sliding in after him. Once the door closed the limo pulled off and the bouncer sneered at him.

"If it wasn't them saying it, I'd gut you kitty cat." Oh, that made Husker openly laugh.

"I dare you to try." The man growled at him until the door opened and the chatter of the dancers walking out caught both their attentions. He caught sight of Angel, back in that deep red vintage inspired dress. Every move had the article shifting against his lover in an almost erotic way, and the natural sway of Angel's hips had the flared bottom skirt singing with him. The silhouette was perfect for him in its shape and simplicity. Angel waved goodbye to the girls, who all screamed more congratulations to him before they stumbled on their ways, and walked past the bouncer.

"Angel Dust, you need help getting home tonight?" The moment the bouncer asked, Husker had half a mind to skin the man anyways. He could bring the pieces home to Alastor and the deer could make remarks about him killing rats as gifts. At least, that's what he had done the last time Husker brought something similar home. Angel wrapped his arms around Husker and smiled.

"No, he's walking me home. You can leave, Yankir." He smiled at the other man before they turned and started off towards the hotel. After about a block, when they knew they weren't being followed, Angel sighed. "I fuckin' hate that guy." He watched his lover pull out a cigarette and start searching through his bag. Husker reached into his pocket and pulled out a pack of matches before striking one.