"Arthur. This next mission...it's going to be dangerous." He says as he comes to a stop in the lone hall we are in. I paused, starring at him in all seriousness as I gave my reply.

"I know. I am counting on it. Agrona isn't going to let me live, and I'm willing to bet that he intends to use everything he's got in order to get rid of me. I'm counting on that. Just let him come for me, and this war will be over a lot sooner than you'd think." My voice is low as a subtle, dark hum reverberates around us. My own mood souring at the thought of Agrona. The Asura as a whole.

They see us as nothing but tools. Pawns to be manipulated, and we as 'lessers' made it easy for them to do so.

'No, they see us as a threat.' Sylvie's voice startles me out of my thoughts as she rests a hand on my arm. I didn't even feel her, nor hear her come up beside me.

"Yeah, I've been practicing that 'mirage walk' technique that you taught me when you came back." She giggles as I ruffle her hair. A smile resting on my face when she tries to slap my hand away, in favor of trying to get her feather-like hair to lay back down.

"You've made a lot of progress. I'm proud of you Sylv, I didn't even feel a speck of intent." At my words, a bright smile branches quickly across her face. One that warms me as her emotions flood into me from our bond.

"Let's get a move on! We're gonna be late." Gramps sighs as he greets Sylvie. I quirked a brow at him before stepping in front of him with my back facing him. Before he could ask anything, I hoist him up onto my back, ignoring Sylvie's weird cackling and in moments appear in front of the building the council has meetings in.

Purple lightning still crackling quietly around me, I slowly let gramps back on the ground. He stood with wide eyes, mouth agape and pale skinned. His eyes immediately dart to look at me as his mouth opens and closes like a fish out of water, failing to speak a word of what I'd just did.

"Breathe please. I'd rather not have Tess try to kill me because I caused you to have a heart attack." I chuckled as he sucked in a single breath, gasping almost before slowly pulling himself together.

"What the hell...did I just witness..?"

"Me folding space to get to my destination faster."

"...." He fell silent as his old eyes peer into my very soul. Still processing what I'd just put him though, he nods and takes the lead in walking into the building.

Slap

"Why would you do that, papa? Now he's gonna go crazy trying to figure out how you did it." Sylvie chastised as she jumps up to slap the back of my head again. I stifled a laugh as we both walk into the building, just a bit behind the now silent elder.

'He'll be fine.'

'It looks like he just aged forty years in the one second it took for you to get here.'

'....' I burst out laughing at Sylvie's words and concerned tone, startling the guards stationed in and around the building. She slaps me again as I slowly calm down, small giggles escaping me as we finally walk into the room that the rest of the council is in.

"Good af—Elder Virion?" Curtis cuts himself off as a look of question and slight concern falls over his features. I stifle yet another laugh as I step forward.