Part 1

See I made it happen. Book 2 is here lol. Also in this au, it was after the incident. So basically, months still havent passed lmao

Tanjiro's POV: 

After all of those shit, I suddenly woke up in a hospital. I probably would've known who sent me here now. . . Probably my family or Idk. . . My head hurts goddamnit. I heard a voice from someone familiar. It was Nezuko.

"Nii-chan's awake! Go grab the doctor!"

". . . Am I at a hospital. . .?"

"Yes you are. If you lost your memory- I swear to go-"

"No, no it's okay. . . I still remember you. ."

"Good. I know what happened and. . . I didn't expect you to become like this. . . You know. . .?"

"Wh- Are you trying to say something so that you couldn't hurt my feelings?"

". . . I-"

"Oh please. Save it. I know what you're gonna say. If you don't wanna mention it, then don't. It's no use anyway. Your whole lecture isn't gonna save me."

I stood up from the hospital bed 

"W-Where are you going?! You still haven't recovered yet!"

". . It's none of your business."

I walked away from the room leaving Nezuko behind.

I started to walk downstairs then exited the building. Man, I was heading straight home. Looking like this?! (context is he is wearing the clothing for patients. Idk what to call it. but if you know what I mean then you know-)

Then I walked to my room. I locked myself and tore off those pictures of Zenitsu. God, why is this happening to me?! Why did I become someone who slaughters anyone for his senpai?!

That's it. I'll be locking myself here.

Zenitsu's POV: 

Ow. . . My chest stings. . Wait, I'm in a hospital. . .? It's a coincidence that someone must've found out that I was being stabbed. I'm glad I'm okay. . . Wait. . What about Tanjiro? (WHY DO YOU HAVE TO WORRY FOR HIM DIDN'T HE KILLED YOU???) I got up and saw Kanao, Aoi, and Inosuke beside me.

"Oh. . . Hello guys. . ."

"ZENITSU! Thank God I thought you were dead!" Aoi replied

"You and Tanjiro were found dead in his home. Nezuko saw the whole thing and, here we are now." Inosuke added an another response.

"Me and Tanjiro found dea-  What do you mean?"

"Unfortunately, his knife was stuck in his chest too. Maybe he killed himself or some random murderer broke in to their house then murdered the both of you." Kanao added.

I froze for a moment.

". . . ."

"Hey Monitsu, are you good? You zoned off."

'Should I tell them the truth? I don't wanna ruin Tanjiro's reputation. . .'

"I'm good. I got something in my mind right now."
I lied and smiled awkwardly.

"Something feels off. Zenitsu, you always smile when you lie." Aoi added

". . . Well-"

Nezuko broke in the room

"You guys! Tanjiro! He ran away from the building!"

"What?!" Kanao replied in shook.

"Did you let him escape?!" Aoi asked.