Part 26

Charlie pov;

I casually walk around the office to check the situation around but I purposely walk around so I could see my girl Irene. I walk into the office where she work but I saw her seat is empty.

I blank for a moment and saw a girl pass by me so I ask her " excuse me, uhm where's Irene? "

She answer " oh she's at Mr Julian's office right now. Mr Julian ask me to tell Irene to handed the files herself ". My gut feelings feels uneasy so I immediately rush to ran to Julian's office.

I press on the button hard to rush there because I know Julian would do something to Irene. When I ran to rush at Julian's office his secretary suddenly block my way.

I look at him while breathing heavily " go away don't stop me ".

The secretary answer " no you can't enter without permission first ".

I groan and grab his collar angrily " you better stay away before I break your legs ". The secretary shove my hands from his collar while look at me with a serious face.

I push him away and try to open the door knob but it's lock I can't open it. I shake the door knob harshly but the secretary try to stop me. I push him away after " fuck off " I curse at him roughly.

++++++++++++

Julian pov;

I heard there's someone outside trying to open the door. I look at Irene with a serious face " so your hero is coming to rescue you huh? ".

She look at me with fear in her eyes while her body is shaking. Her tears falling down on her cheek. I pull her harshly and our body lean on each other.

I look at her trying to control myself to not kiss her. Meanwhile, Irene try to let go of the grip of my hand grabbing her wrist tightly. She try to fight me but I held onto her wrist tightly to not let her go.

I heard the door is open revealing Charlie and my secretary. Charlie look at me surprise and push me away. He immediately grab Irene's wrist to make her stay far away from me.

My secretary immediately ran to me and kneel " are you okay sir ".

I nodded at him " it's okay " while raising my hand to signal that I'm fine. My secretary held my arm gently to help me to stand up.

I stand up and manage my jacket. Charlie groan " what the hell do you think you're gonna do to my girlfriend huh! " He yell.

I scoffed " I didn't even do anything yet because you come at the wrong timing " I say to him with a provoking voice and face.

Charlie wanted to throw hands on me but Irene immediately stop him. She look at him with tears in her eyes " no don't I'm okay please don't cause any trouble here " she beg him.

Charlie exhale his breath roughly trying to control his temper. I smirk at him meanwhile his face are full of anger expression on his face.

Charlie then wrap his arms around Irene's back gently " let's get out of here " he say to Itene. Irene just nodded while sobbing.

They both walk out but stop because I say " be careful " I warn them.

They both look at me with a glare in their eyes. Especially Charlie his glare is so sharp. He turn around " in your dreams ". He say and walk away with Irene leaving me speechless.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Irene pov;

Me and Charlie are sitting at the rooftop garden. Charlie sat me down. I sit and he kneel his one knee and look up at me.

He held my chin gently and make me look in his eyes " are you okay? " He ask me softly.

I cry harder " I'm scared " I say and hug him.

He hug me back and rub my back " it's okay you're safe now here with me ".

I wipe the tears from my cheeks and ask him " how did you know I was there? ".

He answer " I ask from a girl who ask you to handed the files to Julian ". I feel relieve that had save me from Julian.

Charlie carressed my head " luckily I decided to ask that girl. I'm more glad that I ask from the right person ".

I nodded agree with him. He hug me and rub my back gently " I will always make sure to protect you away from him ".

His comforting words really do calm me a lot. I feel so lucky to have him in my life.

++++++++++

Julian pov;

When they both already walk away I followed them from behind. I wait for the elevator to close to see where they both headed to.

I wait for the elevator to stop and saw the elevator leads to the rooftop. I press on the button waiting for the elevator to come.

I enter the elevator and press the button to the rooftop floor. When I reach the rooftop I exit the elevator and I'm in awe of the view of the rooftop.

It's a rooftop garden. This is really a comforting place for the employees who are stress by their work. I nodded impressed by anyone who suggest the idea of design the rooftop like this.

(The rooftop garden view)

I look around to check the view of the rooftop garden but at the same time I search for Irene and Charlie. I saw them both. Irene sat down and Charlie kneel with one knee.

From behind I peek to listen to their conversations. Seeing them both hug consoling each other makes me feel more jealous and envy.

Charlie really knew how to comfort her meanwhile me I hurt her so much. I always make her cry but Charlie make her stop crying and make her smile.

I keep wondering to myself I should be in that position instead of Charlie.