i. stuck

MOST NIGHTS, if lucky, Clarisse receives the gift of vivid dreams and letting her imagination run wild

MOST NIGHTS, if lucky, Clarisse receives the gift of vivid dreams and letting her imagination run wild. She ran herself in her dreams through a lush, dark green jungle filled with shrubbery and animals. The scene around her filled her soul with warmth and excitement. All of a sudden, she felt something fly by her head, but sadly, when she slowed to a stop and looked up, all she saw was a glimpse of green. Nothing was there. How strange... must have been a bird...

The sound of crashing waves in the distance reminded her of her destination and she set off once again, with the wind blowing her hair around and the gorgeous blue sky adorned with fluffy white clouds which you could lay on.

The soft dirt and bumpy twigs beneath her bare feet had changed into warm, golden grains of sand that flew up behind her with every step she took. She found a high rock which she climbed and stood on, a tall, strong stance replacing her usual tired, slouched one. Clarisse looked around and found a view of a large, open sea that reflected the light color of the sky perfectly. The sight of the dolphins peeking out above the water and the smell of salty air filled her with content.

A bang was heard, interrupting her paradise. She looked around once more, the view imprinted into her mind before the scene dissolved into the white ceiling of her room. The bang repeated, but this time clearly coming from the bedroom door.

"Wake up! It's almost time for school." The harsh voice from her uncle came booming from outside the door. Clarisse made sure to land heavily on the floor as she hurried out of bed to let him know she was up and running. The blonde made her bed and made her way to change, but not before looking out the window to see the busy scenery of London in the morning. She took a deep breath of foggy air before shutting the window closed and continuing with her morning.

~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~

Dressed in her academy uniform, the blonde made her way down the stairs, tentative to make too much unnecessary noise. She turned into the kitchen and grabbed a piece of bread with some jam as breakfast, making sure her books were stuffed in her satchel before heading out. But before she could make it to the front door, William stepped in her way, her breath catching in her throat at the scare.

"You are to come right back after school, understand?" Her uncle, the cruel, heartless, man who at the end of the day didn't really care about Clarisse's wellbeing, smelled of scotch and smoke as he demanded this one thing that she never actually wanted to comply with. But if she wanted to keep her arms free on bruises and her stomach filled with food, she'd nod and simply say, "Of course, uncle. Have a nice day."

And that is what she did, grabbing her coat on the way out and making her way onto the bustling sidewalks and streets in the busier part of town. About twenty minutes later, she finally made it to her secondary school, entering the courtyard and immediately being surrounded by things she wished she had. Specifically, a sort of friendship.