chapter 25: New life

Start from the beginning

"...no way... It's healed up.. completely." She said as everyone else did the same thing; shocked and overwhelmed.

    "Okay...the world has fallen and zombies, mutants that we thought was a fairy tale became real. Now magic is also real." Gorden said rubbing his template.

"I wouldn't call it magic ...but you could say that" I smiled gently.

Lena twirled her hair gently as she stared at me then at my revenants. She was curious as to how it worked. I could see it in her face. A small smile was still stuck as I tilted my head to the side.

   "Don't think about it too much. I just accepted it that way." I said as she heaved a sigh before looking at herself.

"Still a bit hard to take in. But what I know is that, you aren't as terrifying as the rumors say." She said as I blinked before giving a small smirk.

    "Don't judge a book by its cover.." I said as she stared at me. I looked at her as both eyes pulsed gently. She felt shaken from seeing it before nodding gently

   "Alright. We all should start heading back to our camp. It's not safe here." Grr said as the others nodded in agreement.

I slowly looked up to the night sky before sitting upright.

   "You should come visit soulen.." grr began as I placed both hands on my hip

"...I'll think about it." I said as I looked at her while she walked towards me.

Gently, she placed her left hand on my right shoulder and smiled gently before turning to follow the others as they left the woods and made their way towards the nearby helipad.

I gently watched as her figure slowly disappeared within the forest while I slowly sat back down on the log.

Seraph and vira walked towards my side and stared up to the sky before turning towards me as they bowed gently.

  "Mistress..."

"I know..." I said; a strand of my silver hair covering my left eye as I turned to my side before standing up.

Just as I was about to summon the vines to take us back, a loud scream echoed through the air.

   "Isn't that..." Vira began as my eyes widened in fear.

Without thinking, I dashed passed them and ran through the forest, my breath beating a bit faster than usual as I jumped and leaped.

Minutes later, I emerged out of the forest to the helipad and noticed Lena, grodon and the others on the floor, badly wounded. Maeve and raven were laying motionless on the floor. But the most shocking was mutant standing at the centre of the helipad.

  Her silver hair blew to the side as her bluish eyes glowed brightly within the moonlight as a small grin slowly grew as she saw me. The X mark still visible on her chest even after she evolved, she looked more of a beautiful bride now unlike before.

   "We finally meet again...dear daughter.." she said as I bit my lip hard; my bluish blood slowly trailing down my neck as my growls slowly came out.

   "Daughter?! Did she just call you her daughter??" Lena shouted as I growled gently.

"I'm surprised...they know you yet they aren't aware of the one who took care of you--

   "SHUT UP! You only took care of me for a few years! Don't get the wrong idea mother!" I snapped as I summoned my sword.

"Yet you call me mother... accepting yet denying..." She said gently, her voice soft which sent chills down my spin. I didn't like how she was talking.