𝙻𝚇𝚅𝙸. 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢

Start from the beginning

"Your mum and dad? They were happy and relieved to see you," said Gabriel vaguely.

Violetta arched her brow the same way her mother does. "But...?"

"They know something's up," Gabriel said. "Apparently there was something different about you."

"Well obviously there's something different about me. I no longer participate in the Death Eater business and I am in a relationship with a woman," shrugged Violetta — pretending that those were the only things different.

Gabriel shrugged. "Or they have a thing called a parents' intuition and they know there's something actually wrong. You know, you are a Horcrux and shit."

"Maybe but I'm not going to tell them. They are already on very thin ice with the Dark Lord. If they find out what he did, they are going to confront him and then, they are going to get killed," said Violetta. "I don't want that. I made a fucking deal with Potter to make sure they will be fine."

"Okay, okay. It's going to be fine," said Vivian, noticing her best friend's distress.

"I know. That's what I've been saying," Violetta said.

There was tension in the air ― tension which has never quite reached the group of friends before but now it was there. Violetta was lying through her teeth and her friends knew this but they knew better than to pressure her any more.

"Good. I am glad we are all in an agreement," sighed Violetta. "Can I ask you something?"

Vivian and Gabriel nodded.

"Look after my family," said Violetta. "I can't do it, not while I'm still disowned."

"But I thought your father was going to..." started Gabriel but Violetta shook her head.

"I mean he said he will but I told him not to. I can't really betray the Dark Lord if I'm spending my time with him in the meetings. This is the only way," explained Violetta.

Gabriel smirked. "Who would have thought that Violetta Narcissa Malfoy or Black, whichever you go by nowadays, betrays the Dark Lord and makes an alliance with Harry Potter."

"I know, I am full of surprises," grinned Violetta. "But only because this might just get my family out of trouble."

"So you still support the pureblood cause?" Vivian asked.

Fleur wasn't a pureblood but a half-breed.

Purebloods ― the ones who support the Dark Lord ― wish to get rid of mudbloods and half-breeds.

Violetta didn't want to get rid of Fleur.

"I don't know," admitted Violetta. "If it wasn't for Fleur, I might.."

Vivian smiled. "I don't know if I had said this before but I am glad you found her."

"Me too," chuckled Violetta.

"Imagine if you hadn't," said Gabriel.

Violetta shook her head. "I don't want to."

══════ • ❀ • ══════

Reading Regulus Black's diary was like entering his nightmares. He was a sad boy and Violetta felt bad for not noticing it the first times he had read his diary. He was lonely, in pain, abused and brainwashed to believe in blood supremacy. He had no one. His mother was a horrible woman, his father was a little better but never raised a finger to help Regulus or Sirius if their mother was giving them hell.