Chapter Eight

I walked into the party to be immediately greeted and swallowed up by Aiden.

"What's up, Nathan?" Aiden said, putting his arms around me. He said it not the sarcastic way Caden said it. The way I loved.

Wait. Why am I thinking about him? I told myself I wouldn't of think of him, especially since last night. We all know not everything on the internet is not the truth, so that shit that I searched probably was not the truth. I never got any sparks from being around him, so there's no way-

"You okay, Nate?" Aiden asked in concern.

I nodded and followed him more as he led me into a people-filled room. I laid my eyes on the girl again. What was her name again?

"Hey, Nate." The girl said. I thought for a few seconds before finding the correct name.

"Hello, Caden's sister." She probably thought I was sarcastic because she blurted into laughter, but I was dead serious.

"Speaking about your brother, did he come?"

"Why have you so focused on my brother spend time with me." She said, obviously drunk.

I was about to leave before Noah ambushed me. "Nate, come here. Since you are here, everyone would want to play a game."

I hesitantly followed him back into the room, sitting on one of the lone sofas. It was one until the girl started sitting next to me. She was making me a little uncomfortable. "How about truth or truth? I would love to know more about you, Nate." One girl called out.

"Fine, I have a lot of options. Guess I picked truth?" I said sarcastically. Nothing seemed to catch that, and I felt a little disappointed. Caden would have laughed at that.

"What was the last thing you searched up?" Noah asked.

I gulped at his question. And took a few seconds before answering. "How to know if you like someone...." I said reluctantly. The room filled with laughter, and I felt uneasy.

"Who's the lucky girl?" Noah stopped for a moment and looked at Caden's sister. "Is it Ciera?" So that's her name.

"Uh.." I was about to speak until I saw Caden walk through the door. "Give me a second. I'll be right back." The girl moaned in dissatisfaction as I left their grip and walked over the Caden.

"Hello, Caden."

"Hey, Nathan," Caden responded. 

"Do you want to go somewhere else? This party is boring." I asked, hoping he would say yes.

"Just us too?"

"Yeah, why?" I asked Caden. He looked and me and smirked.

"Finally, we can have our real date," Caden said, still smirking.

I would argue with him, but honestly, I didn't have the breath for it, so I just followed him.

*

"Tacos!" Caden exclaimed. He when to the glass panel and leaned against it to smell the food.

"I'm not much of a taco guy Caden." Caden looked at me in genuine disgust and backed away from me.

"You did not just say that." Caden hissed.

"It's just not my thing," I said, mocking Caden's voice.

"Come on, won't you do it for me?" Caden teased.

I knew he was messing around, but the way he said that made my heart skip a few beats. And at the moment, I think I figured it out.

I had fallen for him.

"What's wrong your face Is red." I quickly turned away from him, looking at the restaurant's door. "Yeah, we could get tacos," I mumbled. I looked back to see Caden smirking as he walked through the diner's door.

The place seems like your typical restaurant. Food, cooks, servers, and some decorations here and there, but for some reason, it was different. "How did you know this place has tacos?"

"This is my favorite restaurant." Caden confessed.

"So you tricked me into coming here so you could all the food you want and I have to pay?"

"I can pay if you want." Caden suggested.

"No I got it." I insisted.

"No it's fine I brought you here I'll pay."

"No, I said I will pay." The waiter in front of us cleared his throat to signal his arrival.

"How many?" The waiter asked with an oblivious attitude of some sort.

"Two please." Caden responded. The waiter led us into a quiet lone corner and we took a sit directly in front of each other.

"What are you getting?" Caden asked I glanced at the menu but shortly put it down.

"I'll get what your getting." I said beaming at the smiling Caden.

The waiter came and took our order. And Caden grinned at me when he saw my eyes on his.

"Where did you get that ring on your finger." I asked glancing at Cadens hand.

I really want to hold it.

"Somebody." He said faintly, his smile disappeared from his face and I could tell whoever that somebody was meant a lot to him.

"Is the same somebody the one who you used to take to the cliff?" I asked Caden.

He looked at me for a second then looked away. Probably thinking about the right thing to say.

"He was my boyfriend." Caden answered. "Maybe boyfriend isn't the right word."

He looked back at me with a sadden face and I couldn't help but feel guilty for bringing it up. I had to say something.

"I want to talk you about something Caden. It been on my mind for a little now." I whispered.

"What is it?"

Caden seen the waiter coming and looked at me. "The food's here!" His pure excitement made me smile.

We could talk about that later.