Chapter Four

It wasn't the same.

I woke up on somebody's bed with a girl leaning on my shoulder. "Last night was good, right." The girl said, like slowly kissing down on my neck.

"Mhm," I said halfheartedly, slightly pushing her off me and grabbing my clothes.

I thought that if I did it with a girl. It would be the same, better, even better, but it just wasn't. Something was not quite right. Maybe it was not the right girl, that's probably why.

I left the room. The party was still going. I scanned the room. I caught Noah and some girl talking a little too close, but none of my other friends. I felt a tug on my shoulder and looked behind me.

"Aiden?" I asked before looking behind me.

"Don't compare me to that asshole." A familiar voice said.

I finally looked behind me to see Caden. Who was standing right in front of me?

"Don't talk about my friend like that." I snapped back, Caden just smirking.

"The same friend who would probably drop you if he found out that you're gay?" He said, looking at me in disbelief.

"I'm not gay!" I said, slightly raising my voice.

"Got it," Caden said, grinning. What an asshole.

"What do you want anyways?" I asked, annoyed.

"Have you seen a girl anywhere?"

"You have to be more specific," I said, thinking he would laugh, but he stared blankly at me.

"Green eyes, brown hair looks like me?" Fuck.

"Is that your girlfriend?"

"That's my sister." No wonder they look alike.

"She's in that room." I pointed at the room I left minutes ago, and he went inside. A little after, he left the room in a frenzy. His heated face told me that he was irritated about something.

"What's wrong-"

"You wanna go somewhere? You obliviously bored if you stayed out here waiting for me." Caden asked, still angry about whatever had happened before. I nodded and followed him out of the house, making sure not to raise any suspicion.

"Where are we going?" I questioned him, but he just ignored me. He led me to a forest. In silence, his eyes beamed when he found something. It was a hill that was directly above a beach. He took a seat on a regular part of the pike and ushered me to join him. The water around us was glamorous. Some birds flew around, making the empty sound complete with cheeps.

"I go here a lot," He said, clearing the anxious silence.

"Just by yourself?"

"I used to go with someone else." He held a necklace in his hand and looked down. Why does he have that ugly thing anyways?

"Why do you hang out with them? Noah and Aiden." Caden said, looking at me.

"They're my friends?" I said with a stern tone.

"I didn't mean it badly. It's just- you seem different from them. Aiden and Noah are kinds of jerks."

"Maybe this was a bad idea," I said, getting up. He tugged on my arm, causing me to stop, almost making me fall in the process. I looked into Caden's glorious green eyes. His eyes gleamed in the moonlight, and I felt myself draw closer to him.

"Did you fuck my sister?" What? The girl? What was her name again?

"Who?" I genuinely said, still trying to remember her name.

"I know you did," Caden said knowingly.

"Is that why you were upset?" I said, ticked that he would get mad at his sister for that little thing. "So what if I fucked her? You don't own me." His expression changed now to a sorrowful one. "You know I tried to be friends with you, but I guess you fags are too sensitive for my liking."

I pushed him off me and began making my way out of the forest. I felt my heart ache, looking back to see Caden's empty eyes.