#22 - The Guardian and The Key

Start from the beginning

"We've also discovered this," Laura chimes in. The president takes the handed ruled page. "Dr. Clarke started to mutter these 50 words repeatedly in her sleep," she says, letting out a muted sigh when the President creases her forehead.

tau omicron delta iota alpha kappa omicron pi eta kappa eta delta epsilon mu omicron upsilon alpha sigma delta iota alpha kappa omicron pi eta kappa alpha iota delta iota alpha kappa omicron pi eta tau omicron delta iota alpha kappa omicron pi eta kappa lambda epsilon iota delta iota

Sophia peers at the handwritten note, "These are Greek alphabets." The geneticist's daughter rubs her forehead, "When did this start?"

"Mrs. Wilhelm spotted this about a few months ago," Laura answers. "That's when Dr. Clarke attempted to learn the Greek language." She knits her brows, "But we couldn't make sense of what she was trying to say."

"Wait," Chief Chambers realizes, re-reading the paragraph. "I think I know what this means." She glances at the President, "May I?" She nods, crossing her arms, eyes riveted on the list. What happened on October 20th? Chief Moorhaven steps forward, "Anthony stated that Fred kept mentioning 'The legend is true'. "

"Ma'am, I found it," Sophia exclaims, her colleagues turning to her when she straightens. "I wrote these in Greek to make it easier for deciphering." The President directs her gaze to the new line.

τοΔιακοπηκηδεμονασΔιακοπηκαιΔιακοπητοΔιακοπηκλειδι

"There's a group of letters that repeat," Chief Moorhaven says, noticing the pattern. Their colleague nods, "If you write this separately, as a word, we get this." She jots the word down with her black pen.

Διακοπή

"Diakopí," the Greek enthusiast says, casting a grin when her boss relaxes her creased forehead. "Which means stop." The president leans forward, "In Greek, the form of the letters change if they're placed at the end of the word, right?" Chief Chambers nods, "That's what Dr. Clarke used to separate the words, to get her message across."

Her colleagues watch her jot down the reduced message.

το κηδεμόνας και το κλειδί

"Wait," Laura says, stepping back when she sees the five words. "Does this translate to the guardian and the key?" The Chief of Defense arches her brows, "Yes." She turns back to face the page. "to kidemónas kai to kleidí  literally translates to the guardian and the key." Sophia turns to the Chief of Staff, "How did you know this?"

"Well, this was what Mark exclaimed when Anthony told him the dates," the Chief of Informatics intercedes. They turn to the befuddled President, "Do you know what it signifies?"

The geneticist's daughter rubs her forehead, eyes on the decoded message, "I have no clue." She turns to the list of dates, "How did the residents of Pearl Manor react, when Mark said that this is related to the message?" She lifts her head, glancing at the Chief who rubs the back of their neck.

"They found out that we were watching them," Sanders pauses, sagging their head. "So when they began Jason's procedure," Laura intercedes. "They temporarily shut down that camera." the President sighs, rubbing her face. Why would they do that?

She lurches up from her seat, "Chief Chambers." She straightens her blazer, "Please tell Dr. Fix to get ready for the interrogation." She turns to Chief Moorhaven, "And I want to know every detail of Jason's procedure when I return." Sanders nods, marching out of the room with their colleague.

"Travis Faulkner wanted to scrape off the Cyan Project, when Dr. Clarke made an unplanned discovery," the powerless telepath begins. Mr. Faulkner was the former director of the ICJ. The president muses, straightening her blazer as she crosses her arms. He was General H.