𝟬𝟬𝟲 i just missed you

chapter sixi just missed you

chapter six
i just missed you

chapter sixi just missed you

july 1st, 1985

It had been a day since jane and steve had decided to take things slow and it was all jane could talk about. "dustin, i just can't believe that even happened, it was so romantic. you don't understand." she gushed to her younger brother, hanging upside down off his bed.

"jane, i love you, but i do not want to hear about it...again!" dustin groaned as he was leaned against his bed on the floor, reading an x-men comic book. "i'm sick of it."

"you're just mad that your totally real girlfriend suzie doesn't live in hawkins and you can't see her everyday." jane teased, pushing his hat down on his head before sitting up on his bed, "but i'll stop talking about it."

"thank god," dustin mumbled under his breath as jane stood up from his bed, going to walk out of his room. "oh jane wait, can i borrow your bike? mine has a flat tire and mom doesn't know where the tire pump is." 

"no, walk." jane shrugged at dustin before walking down the hallway to her bedroom, climbing onto her bed and grabbing the telephone off her nightstand, dialing steve's phone number and listening to the ringing.

after five rings, he picked up. "hello?" he said, sounding like he just woke up. 

"hey, it's me. did i wake you up?" jane asked, laying on her stomach.

"yeah, kind of. but i needed to get up anyways. what's up, did you need something?" he asked. jane always thought his morning voice was cute, but over the phone it sounded even cuter.

"no, i just missed you and wanted to talk to you, that's all." she heard steve let out a chuckle.

"do you work today, pretty?" steve asked before letting out a yawn. jane could hear shuffling on the other side of the phone.

"no, not today, it's robin and alice today." jane yawned, rolling onto her stomach, legs crossed at the ankles. "what do you have planned today?"

there was a pause before clearing his throat, "honestly, i don't think i got anything going on. do you want to hangout?" steve asked, a smile evident in his voice.