𝟬𝟬𝟯 you cannot be serious

chapter threeyou cannot be serious

chapter three
you cannot be serious.
guest starring...brooke shields as mia prince

brooke shields as mia prince

june 26, 1985.

A few days had passed since steve gave jane a ride home from work and to say it's all the girl had been thinking about would be a huge understatement. she was stuck relishing on the fact that he actually gave her butterflies like he once did when they were dating in high school. jane was confused at her feelings for steve, because the last time she checked she wasn't supposed to like him, not again. 

the seventeen year old laid in her bed, staring at the ceiling thinking about what steve had said to her, "i missed this". why would he be telling her this unless he liked her again too. after spending many minutes contemplating this theory, the girl shot up from her bed and marched to dustin's room, barging in.

"jesus christ jane!" dustin shouted at her, waving his arms around, "can't you see we are in the middle of reading!" he pointed at mike, who was sprawled across dustin's bean bag chair.

"yeah, don't you know how to knock, jane?" mike questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"shut it, squealer, dustin i need to talk to you about something." she crossed her arms over her chest as she made her way over to dustin's bed, sitting down, "it's about steve."

the two teenage boys looked at each other before setting down their comic books, giving their full attention to jane. "spill." dustin said, sitting up on his bed.

"well, you know that he's working at scoops, right?" jane started, looking at the two boys for confirmation. mike and dustin nodded their heads, waiting for jane to continue. "well the other day he gave me a ride home and was talking about how he missed hanging out with me and it just made me feel all weird inside."

"weird how?" mike asked, adjusting his position on the chair, crossing his legs at the ankles. 

"well just, it made me feel like how i felt when him and i dated, i don't know." she admitted, tucking her hair behind her ears.

mike smirked, standing up, "you like him again, that's why you feel like that. i mean, that's how i feel around el like, all the time." he crossed his arms over his chest.

"you know, steve was telling me about how he was wanting to try to get back with you. i'd say go for it, jane, you never know what'll happen." dustin suggested, "hey i have an idea, we should go have a stake out."

"i'm sorry? a stake out? where, and more importantly, why?" jane asked skeptically, raising her eyebrow at her brother.

"starcourt, he told he that he was going to hangout with some friends on his day off. come on jane, let's go." dustin stood from his bed, patting his sister on the top of the head, "we'll be in the garage."

The trio arrived at the mall on their bikes, chaining them to the bike rack at the front of the building

The trio arrived at the mall on their bikes, chaining them to the bike rack at the front of the building. jane, dustin, and mike walked into the mall, looking around for any sign of steve. the three decided to sit at the fountain in the middle of the mall, looking around.

dustin held the binoculars around his neck up to his eyes, looking for steve before stopping, staring in one direction, "shit." the boy mumbled.

"what? dustin what is it?" jane asked, pulling the binoculars off of dustin, holding them up to her own eyes, looking where dustin was looking. what the girl had laid her eyes on made her heart almost shatter, her breath faltered as she saw steve with a girl. not just steve with a girl, but steve kissing a girl. "is that..mia prince? you cannot be serious right now." she lowered the binoculars, tears forming in her eyes as she passed them over to mike, turning on her heel.

"jane, wait!" dustin called out after his sister as she walked towards the main entrance of the building, shoving her way through a crowd of people.

jane walked out of the building, going to unchain her bike from the bike rack. she climbed onto her bike and began riding home, allowing her tears to fall from her eyes. it just didn't make much sense to jane, dustin told her that steve likes her. she thought she saw the signs that he liked her, too. how could she be so silly? thinking that steve would like her again, after what happened the last time? how could jane let herself like him again, it always ends up the same way.

because after all, there was no way in hell that steve harrington would like a nobody like jane henderson. 

LILY SPEAKSI!
poor jane:(

written by lily.

©PCNKOWS