𝟬𝟬𝟮 scoops ahoy!

chapter twoscoops ahoy!

chapter two
scoops ahoy!

chapter twoscoops ahoy!

june 22, 1985

Jane henderson was sat at her place of work, scoops ahoy, with her coworkers, robin buckley and alice whitlock. the trio was waiting for not only customers to come in, but also their new employee, steve harrington. unfortunately to jane, she had to hire steve because they were understaffed. today was his first official day at scoops and jane was just excited that he wouldn't be following her around like a lost puppy since his training period was over.

jane was talking to alice when the taller girl nodded her head toward the front door. jane turned around and watched as steve approached the store. "finally you're here, harrington. hurry up and clock in, you're slinging ice cream today." she told him, crossing her arms over her chest as the boy quickly went in the back to punch in his time card.

"why did you hire him, again? i thought you hated him." alice asked jane, washing her scooper off in the sink.

"i didn't really have a choice, allie, we're extremely understaffed here, and mason refuses to come work here so steve was my only other option. plus, i don't hate him, and he's been hanging out around my brother and his friends so i guess i have to get more used to him being around." jane sighed, sitting on the back counter as steve walked back from the break room.

"you have to get used to who being around?" the brunet boy questioned, walking closer to the three girls, grabbing a scooper for himself, washing it off in the sink.

"you, actually." jane responded, "i'm gonna go take my break in the back. so, good luck steve, i believe in you." she gave the boy a small smile, giving him an ounce of hope that maybe he could work to get closer to jane and win her back.

steve watched jane go into the back room before he turned to alice, knowing she knows the situation. "dude, did you see that? she smiled at me and told me she believes in me. i think there's some hope for me."

alice rolled her eyes playfully at steve, "listen, i'm not saying she likes you back or anything, but i wont deny that the two of you are cute together. but i'm also not going to convince her to get back with you, you gotta do that one on your own." she said as he nodded his head.

"what are you guys talking about?" robin asked after serving a customer, crossing her arms over her chest, an eyebrow raised.

"just how steve wants to get back together with jane." alice said, nudging steve's shoulder with a chuckle.

"and how alice thinks jane and i are cute together, of course. but i don't know if she would want to get back with me, you know." he said, flipping the scooper in his hand. "anyways, i'll take this customer."

As the four were closing the store and getting ready to go home, steve turned to jane, "hey henderson, do you want a ride home? i know you still don't have your license

As the four were closing the store and getting ready to go home, steve turned to jane, "hey henderson, do you want a ride home? i know you still don't have your license." he offered, praying that she would say yes.

and to his surprise, the girl responded, "harrington, you're a godsend. yes please, that would be amazing." she smiled at him as they walked out of the store, "hey robin? can you lock up please?"

robin gave jane a thumbs up, "yes ma'am! hasta luego!" she chuckled, watching the two dark haired teens make their way to the mall entrance.

"so, how did your first official day go? you liking it so far?" jane asked, walking side by side with steve, "'cause i think you did great today, swear." she turned to look at him, giving him a genuine smile.

steve smiled down at jane, nodding his head, "that really means a lot coming from you, and yeah it was good. i like working with you guys, ya know, people my age and not in a grocery store with a bunch of old people." he chuckled, holding the door open for jane as he fished his keys out of his uniform pocket.

she walked out of the building, thanking steve as she ventured with him to his bmw. "yeah i get that, your old job was pretty shitty." she said as she made her way to the passenger door, opening it and climbing in.

steve did the same, as he started his car and began the short trip to the henderson household. he turned up the radio, the two sitting in a comfortable silence as journey played quietly in the background. the windows were rolled down, the summer breeze was flowing through both of the teens hair. "you know, i missed this." he spoke up, turning onto the main road.

"hmm?" jane turned over to look at steve, pushing her hair behind her ear. 

"oh, i just meant like, spending time with you. i really miss it, not in like a weird way or anything." he said, glancing over at the girl before looking back at the street ahead of him.

jane smiled slightly, turning to look out the window. "trust me, steve, it isn't weird. i promise. i miss hanging out with you, too." a slight blush formed on her face, and jane honestly didn't know why she was feeling this way.

or maybe she did know, because this feeling is far from foreign. jane always felt this way when her and steve were together. was it the feeling of love? or was it the feeling of being around someone you like?

butterflies.

that's what jane always felt around steve, regardless of if the two of them were together or not. and regardless of if she swore to alice and mason that she would never go back to him.

LILY SPEAKS!
i hate writing slowburn and
angst so i'm not going to lol.
anyways i hope u guys like this ch
xoxo

written by lily.

©PCNKOWS