The flickering warm lights lit the entire park with joy. Though, it seemed to lay no mark on the freakshow, as if the tent was in a bubble of its own preventing any joy from entering. Sam stood outside where she was the previous night. Watching the spinning and dancing lights of the many amusements. She sometimes looked to the visitors, cautiously, as they mind their own business. She sighed and leaned back against a box, tilting her head back and closing her eyes. The lights pierced through her eyelids. Blues, pinks, purples and reds. Spinning rapidly like a constantly shifting and change piece of abstract art, moving around and changing size.
She was hoping Emily would return tonight and bring that weird feeling to her chest again. Sam had been waiting for a few hours and Emily was nowhere to be seen.
“What are you doing out here?” Mr Wilford asked, startling Sam.
“Oh, just taking in the scenery,” she stuttered. She lowered her head and stood up straight with a frown. “Listen here, Sam. I don't want you anywhere near these visitors unless I say so. Understand?” he spoke softly, yet Sam could sense his frustration and anger boiling.
“Yes, George.”
“Good. Now, if you see that girl again, you will take her to the woods and off her. He might want someone else tonight to seal the deal for good,” he says before walking away.

Sam lifted her head and looked around before following him to the vans. “But I was starting to like her. We we're going to be friends! I can't do it. I won't!” She exclaimed with concern in her voice.
He halts and turns on his heel to grab her arm, almost slapping it. His expression was stern. His brows crossed to the point Sam thought he was going to hurt her again, verbally. However, his stare was just enough to scare her. His eyes filled with fury seem to almost paralyze her on the spot.
“Want a repeat of last night?” he asked quietly. He was so close that his breath, reeking of alcohol, made the clown light headed and nauseous.
“No,” she answered, “I'm sorry.” She dropped her chin and placed her gaze somewhere else, backing down anxiously as he let go and stormed into his own van.

An hour had passed. Emily and Lyla visited the park once again. Lyla gawked at the circus, unsure how to respond to seeing the unbelievable change. Emily smiled and walked on. “Told you. Now where's that dollar?” Emily joked with a smug smile.
“Oh, hush,” Lyla playfully slaps Emily's arm as they walked toward the circus. “They definitely made a deal with the Devil or something.”
They walk inside after paying and they got to see the horror show at full power. Emily was still amazed even after watching it the second time. The seats were almost booked out completely. Lyla screamed a few times, jumping into Emily's arms when one of the mannequins got too close for comfort. Though, Emily was only interested in one act.
Sam entered the arena looking as appealing as a cheesecake to Emily's eyes. She watched Sam and only Sam. It was as noticeable as a small glowing light in the dark. Lyla smirked and just sat back to enjoy the show. Sam danced and smiled being the distraction for the audience so they'd get an unexpected jumpscare from lunatic clowns. The show finished with a blazing bang, leaving people frightened yet overjoyed and satisfied.
“Wow, that was crazy scary! Those mannequins were literally bleeding! I swear!” Lyla exclaimed with a smile.
“See? You can't deny that the mannequins were the scariest,” Emily replied with a chuckle.
Lyla grinned, placing her hands on her hips. “And you can't deny that you have a thing for that clown.”

Emily, all flustered, looks away. Smiling awkwardly with her hands in her pockets only reinforced Lyla's suspicion. “What do you mean?” She stuttered, hoping playing dumb will work.
“Oh, come on. I saw you watching the dancing clown. The one in the red dress.” Lyla moved closer to Emily, enough to lower her voice. “I know you like her, Emily.”
Emily sighed in defeat, giving a little nod. She then looked behind Lyla spotting the familiar clown appear at the boxes again. Lyla, with a curious brow raised, turned to look.
“You should talk to her. Maybe you'll become friends. Maybe best friends,” Lyla suggested.
“You won't mind, right?” Emily says hesitantly.
“Of course not. I can brag on about how awesome you are.”