[29] - We really do jump to our deaths

Börja om från början

We tried pressing the only button there was, which had a pyramid next to it.

To our surprise the elevator was fully functional. It did go up. Felix grabbed my wrist when he felt the sudden movement, then quickly let go once he'd realized it.

He glanced at me then back at the closed door in front of us, a bit flustered for sure.

Everyone let out a sigh of relief when the elevator came to a stop. The doors of course wouldn't open up for us, but with those strong guys it was no problem pushing them open and get out.

Now we found ourselves on top of a building, looking out over the streets beneath us.

The view was quite extraordinary, but still so empty. So many light but no people.

It was still in the middle of the night it seemed like. There weren't any lights on the rooftop but the two moons stood high in the sky and were shining on us, one with a silvery light and the other a more blood red light. There were also millions of stars covering the whole sky. It was beautiful for sure, but we didn't exactly have the time to spend here.

The moons had gotten closer now again. They were probably there as some sort of measurement, but I couldn't quite say what they measured.

I went closer to the edge of the building to have a look out over the city. Maybe I could see a hint where we were supposed to go.

"Be careful" Felix said and went after me.

We were high up, but far from the highest rooftops. Here were skyscrapers and the rooftop we were on seemed to be like the fourth floor. Our building was nothing compared to the ones around us, so we couldn't see very far away, just about down the streets beneath us and the streets going straight forward from there.

"I really don't know where we're supposed to go" I said and took a step closer to the edge. There wasn't any fence, but I wasn't that close really.

"You're too close to the edge" Felix said and seemed anxious. He was being ridiculous so I turned to face him with disbelief over my face.

Then I felt the wind blow though my hair. An even stronger wind came after that and my heart seemed to stop beating when I lost my balance. The Levanter.

My eyes grew bigger with the panic and I took a step behind to get my balance back, but that was my sprained ankle and it failed to keep me up. In despair I tried with the other foot but now there was nothing to step on behind.

My stomach turned inside out a millisecond when I realized I was falling to the ground.

The next thing I knew Felix was falling after me. He managed to grab my hand and pull me in towards him. During the few seconds we were falling he managed to pull me into his body and turn us around so he was under me once we landed.

***

I never felt the hard impact of hitting the ground. My vision became blurry and I heard something ringing in my ears.

The next second everything was black.

As I opened my eyes again the sight in front of me was blurry. The pain had come now though. My whole body was sore and it hurt a bit everywhere. I couldn't quite decide where it hurt the most though.

I blinked a few times to get my vision back and saw a chin above my face, and the face the chin belonged to of course. I was laying with my head on Felix's chest and his arms were around me, but there was no strength holding me in or the arms at place.