"I'm at your house, it looks like no one is there because I've been waiting for nearly thirty minutes now..." He wasn't able to complete his sentence when Jalilah cut him off, surprised and shocked at the same time.

"You're what? Oh my god! When did you come back?" They spoke in the morning, but he didn't tell her that he was already in Lagos. What game was Jibril playing? She wondered. And if someone heard the way she spoke, one would think she was excited that she was finally getting to see him, she knew that was what he thought as well, not knowing that the first thought that crossed her mind was how was she going to do with these two men? Yazeed flashed her a glance and acted as if he hadn't seen her.

"Yes, Sanaya, I couldn't put up not seeing you for that long. Are you on your way already or I should come to pick you?" He asked, and she quickly shook her head as if he could see her. She had never thought she would feel this confused and out of words to say until today. Was she going to lie to him now that they were already close to the estate that she wasn't coming back home now knowing fully that he will see them on his way out of the estate? Or she was going to ask Yazeed to turn back the car and take her somewhere? She was stuck, in deep heat.

"No, I'm close to the estate, I'll be there in just a few minutes." She heard as he wished her safety and ended the call, and placed the phone on her laps. She didn't know what she was going to do. Jibril didn't know she stayed with Yazeed, she wasn't afraid that if he knew he was going to stop contacting, no, what she was afraid of was the perception he would have of her. While she had already told him she stayed with her Aunt. Why did she give him her number in the first place?

She was up the creak when they arrived at the estate's gate, she was surprised when she Yazeed parked outside without getting in. She turned to look at him and he wasn't staring at her when he spoke, "He doesn't know who you stay with, go ahead." That was what he said, so he understood what she was saying on the phone? She didn't dee it from his expression that even if she spoke he would acknowledge her presence. Silently, she hoped out of the car and he drove off with a speed that she had to silently pray for his safety.

She walked into the estate and the first thing she noticed was Jibril's smiling face and she wished she could punch his smile until that smile turned into a frown, but she acted as if everything was fine. They chatted for a while but she was so restless that she excused herself, saying she had to cook dinner before her aunt came back. And they bid each other goodbye while he promised her he would call her at night.

Jalilah sighed, that was the last day Yazeed spoke or even stared at her. He looked so absorbed in his world that she wondered what he meant by that. He didn't like her, he made it clear to her that he could never love her even if he was given the chance to, she didn't know what he meant whenever he acted he hated it when she shared something with Jibril. She could still feel that coldness that stirred between them when he dropped her off at the gate, but she wanted the warmth only Yazeed could provide to her. She missed him, but what else was she going to do? What more did she have to do? Farha made it clear to her that she should also act as if he didn't exist.

It was just a matter of days to the grand competition and she couldn't rest in peace. She was about to go to the downstairs living room to practice ballet as she had always done at night when she was sure he was done coming outside for either water or food, she slumped on her bed. Her phone, all her ballet tunes were in it. Today at the ballet school, their instructor's daughter kept crying that she had to give her the phone so they could learn in peace, and the girl did wonders to Jalilah's phone, she had to take it to the repairs, and they told her she had to come back tomorrow for the phone.

What was she going to the now? There was no way she wasn't going to practice today. She didn't know when tears pooled the brink of her eyes, she checked her MacBook to see if the recent tunes Mrs Rosey sent to her were there, but she had deleted them after she had transferred them to her phone. She searched in her trollies shelter-skelter until she found her portable wifi to see if she could download some tunes, but after she had found it, she realized that the last time she had subscribed to it was almost four months ago. Everything was on her phone, and she had lost the phone now, what was she going to do?