XI

~ Weekend ~
~ November 22nd ~

"Uncle Lou! I miss you and I wanna show you my new games!" William whines through the phone after taking it from his mom.

"Young man, do we take things without permission?" Lottie says, holding her hand out, "No mum... sowwy.." he pouts, giving the phone back and sits next to her, still wanting to see his uncle.

Louis chuckles on the other side of the phone while sipping his coffee.

She glares at the phone screen, "Shut up. This is your fault, he misses you. You haven't been here for dinner in weeks."

"I know... I'm sorry I just can't at the moment. Been busy."

"With what? Daisy said you have a boyfriend... what's up with that? You told her before-" Her older brother stops her mid rambling, "No, I don't. It's complicated."

"How? Explain to me how you suddenly get extra busy out of nowhere."

"Lewis?" Darcy says through Louis' home office door before peeking her head in. "I'm hungry."

"Lewis?" His nephew mocks and looks at the phone. "Who is that?" Lottie says watching Louis look over to Darcy.

"I'll make you something in a bit okay?" He says. "You don't cook..." His sister says with a frown.

Darcy gasps, running in the room. "You talk to sissy? Hi Daisy!" Louis chuckles, "Its not Daisy this time. Wanna see?"

"Yes! More family!" She climbs on his lap and takes the phone waving, "Hi!" Lottie just stares at the phone confused while William hides his face in mother's side feeling slightly jealous that someone stole his uncle.

"So guys this is Darcy, I've taken her and Harry in. That's why I haven't been over lately."

"Hi Darcy. I'm Charlotte and this is William. Say hi, hon." He shakes his head hiding more. "Bub, don't be shy." Lou tries to bring him out but he just whines.

"You could've just told us, bro... why'd you take them in?"

"I couldn't leave them on the street, it's gonna snow soon and other things are involved... it's complicated like I said."

"Did I scare him?" Darcy whispers, looking up at Louis then back at the phone. She wasn't used to other kids not talking to her. "Of course not. Let me talk to them and you go play, yeah? I'll get lunch started in a bit."

"Okay. Bye Charley and William!" She waves goodbye before leaving his room, slamming the door behind her.

"Soo she's a live one. Whose Harry? Her dad?"

"No. He's just taking care of her like I'm taking care of them. They just haven't had the best life and I needed to know they were safe and eating enough..."

"So the best was to let strangers in your house?"

"Lots, he's a shy guy that lived in a shitty building and stealing food for a six year old. I have space so why not?"

"You trust too easily. I'm coming over." She says while picking Will up and carries him up to his room.

Louis' eyes widen as his head roams with ways Harry would react, "You can't. Harry's not comfortable with people and you're a little too forward sometimes."