IV

~ Home? ~

Harry does his morning walk, hoping someone was wasting food or he spots a shop giving away leftovers to homeless people.

"Here, love. Fresh today I made too much." A older lady from a bread bakery says handing him a bag of different kinds of buns. "Thank you." He says softly not being comfortable with talking to people anymore but he smiles gratefully and shakes her hand.

"No problem, love." She smiles, going back in her shop while he walks away.

Harry munches on the buns while walking down the street enjoying the air blowing against his face. He goes to sit on a bench and as he gets closer he hears teeth chattering, his eyes widen as his sees the small body balled up on half the bench.

"Um hello?"

The cold little girl sits up looking at Harry and blinks, "Mommy said no talk to strangers." She says slightly scared.

"Where's your mommy now?"

She pouts, "I don't know..." She holds her stomach as it starts to grumble.

He frowns looking her over, "Um what's your name? I'm Harry." He sits down next to her with the bread between them. "Darcy." She says shyly.

"Well now that we know each other's names means we're not strangers."

"Friends?" Her eyes brightened. "Hm sure, friends... And friends share so you want some?"

She looks in the bag and nods before taking one of the smaller buns. Darcy giggles, "Like a pillow." She eats it quickly.

Harry chuckles softly watching her, "It does feel like a pillow but taste better." She nods, eating another one.

"When was the last time you ate, Darcy?"

"Yesterday. I ate ice cream my mommy bought me."

"Only ice cream?" He frowns more as she nods. "Oh, love eat all the bread you want."

"You eat?" She looks up at him again, "Yeah I did." Harry lies but he didn't care, she needed the food more than him. "Don't worry about me eating."

"Harry eat too." She pushes the bag to him and looks at him expectedly, "Oh alright I'll eat." He smiles softly eating a big bun.

💜💚

After that day Harry made sure she was okay every morning and stayed with her as long as he could before taking off to get food and water, for three now which was harder than when it was just him.

He tried his best not to let her see him in pain or low spirits, but of course she noticed every time Harry would come back with something wrong with him or made a noise while moving wrong which caused pain.

After three days he finally got her to follow him back to where he was calling "home" for now, so they could share old beds and blankets that he's found along the way.

Harry sometimes thought of finding her a place to stay but nothing ever seemed right, shelters didn't take in young males with a unrelated child so she'd have to go alone once they were separated, which he didn't like the idea of.

Once they got attached and a routine down it was no turning back so they stayed together.

As long as Darcy was smiling and eating food more than once a week then everything was fine in their little world.

💜💚

Days later Darcy wakes up crying on a old dirty couch that was in the abandoned building they've been staying in. "Harry? Harry?" She sits up, rubbing her eyes and gets up going to where Harry likes to be but frowns when he's not there.