Chapter Eighteen

Axel's POV

Smoke, fire, too many people for a burning building. 

Aalya.

The only thought which consumes me. 

I shove desperately past people, trying to catch a glimpse of her.

I shove my way into the back kitchen, the room still packed, full of smoke, and even hazier than the rest of the building. 

I glimpse a silhouette near the back door, holding a body in his arms. 

Oh my god. 

Aalya. 

I try to scream, to shout, but the noise is already too loud, and the press of bodies is pushing me away from her. Who the fuck is holding her? 

Their frame is too small to be one of my brothers. 

"AALYA!" I yell. But she doesn't move in his arms, and he starts to knock on the door.

No.

Three knocks. Two knocks. Five. One.

The door opens outwards, and the bastard steps out into the night with my mate, and closes the door behind him. 

No. Please, no. 

But I can't get to her, even as I shove my way through the bodies, my wolf roaring, my body slamming into iron. 

I can't get to her. 

Xavier's POV

This is all my fault.

All my fucking fault. 

Even as Xander grabs the stupid fire extinguisher, spraying the flames with the frothy white substance, I can't get it out of my head that she's gone, she's fucking gone, and I was the one that left her alone. 

Axel drives his fist into the back door again. 

He recounted that he'd seen someone leave with her, which cause Xander to go into a rage, and for them to both ram into the back door like animals. 

But that thing's enforced with iron.

They weren't successful. 

The second we get out of here, we're going to find her and kill the fucker that took her. 

I used to think my brothers and I were murderous assholes, and I'm pretty sure everyone else thought the exact same. 

They have no idea, how bad we truly are. 

And I guess we're all about to find out. 

Because someone has made a ladder out of bar stools up to the whole in the ceiling.