𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘯

"okay, and then he's the fucking son of the King everyone hates! crazy! and then, in the second book, he fills the library with squirrels because she was forced to leave the school after figuring out a suspect! and when she comes back, he's all 'awww i miss you. now help me prove this suspect into guilty.' like huh? and-.."

virgo has been rambling about books for hours. gemini felt like he was going to drop, yawning occasionally and trying to keep floating around so he doesn't waste energy on walking so much.

they've been drifting about the forest a lot, like a boat in the middle of nowhere. virgo's rambling has not made it any more easier, only adding sleep to the mixture.

"wait, did you hear that?"

virgo stopped his talking, blinking and staring at gemini in confusion

"hear what?"

he asked, even more confused on why he didn't hear anything but gemini seemed to be on edge, putting his hand up to keep virgo from saying anything else.

"... i feel like i heard footsteps."

he mumbled, spinning around and hovering to stand next to virgo. he was suddenly uneasy and felt a bit nervous, holding onto virgo's arm and dragging him further into the forest.

"so we're going further into the forest that stores the footsteps you heard?"

virgo said bluntly, clearly unimpressed by gemini's plan of escape or safety. he sighed and just let the boy drag him further into the forest, stumbling over branches and roots every now and then.

"slow down! jesus, where did you get all this strength from?"

gemini still didn't respond, taking turns and still flying quickly around the forest. he wasn't sure where he was going as well, maybe he wanted to find who those footsteps belonged to. or maybe he was just panic travelling and trying to get anywhere else but here. where was even 'here?'

he was so lost in thought, his body was on auto pilot and he wasn't aware of where he was going, just taking random turns and going wherever his body wanted him to.

"hey- hey gem.. gemini! it's getting a bit cold, isn't it?"

virgo's voice pulled him out from his thoughts like a rope around his waist tugging him out from a dark cavern. he was finally aware of everything, stopping in his tracks and breathing out to see his breath fogged

"what the?.."
"yeah, me too. it's getting really cold.."

virgo shivered and hugged himself, rubbing his arms and breathing out to see his breath foggy. gemini looked around, the forest was still bright and there was no sign of cold weather today, so why was it so cold all a sudden?

"that.. isn't normal. there's someone here and they're manipulating the weather.."

gemini mumbled, turning around to face virgo and pulling him in close, almost hugging him.

"we have to stay close to reserve body heat, so we don't freeze to death. we need to keep moving too or we'll freeze to death."
"sounds like we'll die if we do one wrong move. kind of tedious.."
"that is exactly what's happening."

gemini replied bluntly, taking a sharp turn to where the sun seems to be. but once he got underneath the sun ray, it seemed to fade away and become blocked with a cloud that came out of nowhere.

"i'm suddenly disliking whoever is doing this." he said between gritted teeth, making virgo frown and glance around more.

"maybe it isn't so bad?... what if it's just coincidence?"
"don't be stupid, virgo. obviously someone is doing this." gemini snapped back quickly and harshly, looking around and letting a shiver run up his spine.