𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

the sound of rushing water led the two siblings to the river, pushing away the nature blocking their way. they weren't sure what they were trying to find so they resolved to just wondering around.

the nature blocking the lake was shoved out of the way as scorpio and pisces walked ahead to see the running stream.
"well then. i guess at least we found something." scorpio muttered, only just enough for pisces to hear.

"maybe i can use my power." she replied with the same volume, walking up to the river and dropping onto her knees onto the grass. she peered over the edge to look into the water.

scorpio stared at her sister, fighting back the urge to scoff. everytime pisces did this, it always made her look like some disney princess looking into the water after hearing some magical voice. if she didn't know better, she would of thought she was some magical disney princess.

i mean, don't get her wrong, pisces is a princess, but in the castle grounds, she doesn't act like those cheerful, goofy princess at all. rather the opposite, actually.
"are you done yet?"
"hm.. im not getting anything. it seems like the future has nothing to tell me.."

"the future isn't a person. it's your power that gives you that information." she rolled her eyes, staring at her sister.
"yes, yes. throw me your useless time and space facts." pisces sparked back, standing up again.

"don't think you're top shit just because you're the first princess and you have the power to see into the stupid future. your speciality isn't even that 'special.'"
pisces glared at her sister.

"likewise. don't get too ahead of yourself, selina."
"penelope."

the two sisters glared at each other, looking like they were ready to fight. well, they were going to but then there was movement in the bushes nearby. they both look up and stare at the moving bush. the creature inside the bush jumped out, causing both sisters to get in a defensive position.

to their surprise and embarrassment, it was only a stray squirrel wondering around. it peered up at the two royalty and let out a small chirp, hopping away with its bushy tail following along.

the two watched it run off, lowering their guard. once it plunged itself back into the bushes, scorpio cleared her throat and sat down near the river.
"how about we just rest a little bit.. we've been exploring for a while and obviously we're a bit on edge too."

pisces sighed and sat down next to scorpio, nodding in agreement.
"yeah, that's a good idea."

now if you thought those two would apologise, no no no. royalty doesn't apologise. rather, they ignore it until it isn't the main topic again and pull it up from under all the great stuff they went through together to either continue the argument or to use it as an argument.

obviously, the two girls don't do the second bit. hopefully. and they just ignore it until something else distracts them from it. so, i guess you can call it a way of apologising and wanting to work together again but having to get someone from a royal family to apologise it trying to make your cat speak.

it's kind of impossible.

there was a peaceful silence between the two, the only sound was the running water of the river. the two sat there, drinking some of the freshwater or cooling themselves down by splashing it onto their wrists.

after a few minutes of continuous splashing and reaching into the river to try pick up a cool looking rock to show off to the other, there was a quiet ruffle in the bushes, the trees far behind them were beginning to bend back as if making an archway for something.

"so. how much longer do you think we have to do this for?" pisces asked, waving her hands around to try dry them faster.
"dunno. i don't really want to stay here for much longer." scorpio admitted, gently lifting the water above the rocks before making it splash back down again.