𝟬𝟬𝟱 i don't want to hurt you anymore

Start from the beginning

jane walked out of the kitchen, grabbing her mother's bright pink umbrella before making her way out of the house. she opened the umbrella, holding it above her head as she began walking to steve's house. she knew he was home because scoops was closed on sundays, most places in the mall were. however, the girl didn't make it too far because as she was walking, she bumped into a male figure.

"oh my gosh, i'm so sorry." jane apologized before she looked up, seeing none other than steve harrington. "steve? what are you doing, it's pouring out and you don't have an umbrella or a jacket. why do you have flowers?" she questioned, looking down at his hands.

the boy wiped water off his face, "jane, i don't care that it's pouring i was coming to see you. i wanted to apologize and hopefully explain myself. i got these flowers for you, but they're kind of ruined now. what are you doing out here?"

"i was coming to see you! i wanted to apologize, too." jane stepped closer to steve as she made room for him under the umbrella. "we're idiots." she let out a laugh, steve chuckling along with her.

"at least we're idiots together, right?" he smiled at the girl, "i don't know why i didn't just take my car. it seemed more romantic this way, i guess, walking to you in the rain." he turned to face the girl, a slight blush evident on her cheeks.

"steve, you are actually so dumb." jane pushed his shoulder playfully with a laugh.

"jane, you are seriously so beautiful." steve said as he pushed strands of hair behind jane's ear, cupping her cheek. jane took a deep breath, looking away from steve, "no, no, no. look at me, pretty." steve gently moved her head back to look at him, smiling at her. jane smiled back at steve, moving closer to him. so close, their bodies were inches apart from touching.

jane reached her free hand up, cupping steve's face. he dropped the flowers on the soaking pavement. "shit, the flowers!" he cursed, chuckling.

"steve, it's okay. i don't want the flowers. i just want you." she smiled, dropping the umbrella on the ground, watching it catch in the wind, blowing away. the two laughed loudly before jane cupped steve's face with both hands, pulling him closer to her as she kissed him hard. 

steve kissed jane back, moving his hands to her waist as he pulled her against him, their bodies clinging to each other. the feeling of their lips together wasn't foreign, but they hadn't felt this feeling in years. it's almost as if the two of them had been sick for years and this kiss finally cured them. 

jane was the first to pull away, her eyes fluttering open as she looked at steve, smiling at him. steve smiled back, chuckling slightly. "i've wanted to do that for so long." he spoke up, moving pieces of jane's, now wet, hair behind her ears. 

"hey, let's go back to my house? i'm sure my mom would love to have you for dinner." jane offered. steve nodded in agreement as the two of them made their way back to the henderson household, hand in hand as rain poured onto them.

 steve nodded in agreement as the two of them made their way back to the henderson household, hand in hand as rain poured onto them