Chapter 37: A Different Birthday

Start from the beginning

Later that evening, around six, Rubi's belongings were packed and ready to go in the living room that Fiona was planning on apparating to the Weasleys. Grabbing some Floo Powder, Rubi stepped into the fireplace, her eyes raking over the room one last time as she wouldn't return home for a while.

Tossing the powder Rubi shouted, "The Burrow!" The room began spinning and moving away. Many fireplaces and their locations came and went until she stumbled out suddenly, hoping it was right.

"Oh you must be Rubina, deary."

Rubi peeked open her eyes as relief seeped through as she realized she landed out of the right fireplace.

"Yes, I am. You must be Mrs. Weasley."

She waved a hand, "Oh, call me Molly, dear. We didn't have time to talk to one another at the platform the other day." Molly moved forth and pulled the metamorphmagus into an embrace. Just then, a knocking sounded on the front door and Molly Weasley moved to answer the door. Right as she left, Fred rushed in with a grin plastered on his face, pausing in the doorway until his eyes landed on his best friend, who was twirling a piece of her hair, acting as if she was waiting for someone.

"Rubi!"

The said girl looked at him, gave him a once over and began examining her nails whilst leaning against the dining table.

"She's here!"

And George came in, brushing past Fred and Rubi suddenly perked up.

"Georgie!"

Rubi and George hugged one another as if they were being reunited after years. Fred was standing in his spot with a sour frown on his face.

"Nice to know someone didn't miss me."

The pair broke apart and shared mischievous grins before Rubi moved forth.

"Aw, Fredrick, I missed you too, just not as much as George."

"Wait, really?"

"I'm kidding, no need to take it seriously." And with that she jumped right into the arms of the ginger, Fred lifting her off the ground and spinning the two around for a moment.

"Wait, I thought mum was here." Rubi said as Fred placed her back down, and the three went to the front only to find the two women conversing just outside the door.

"I'll get your stuff." Fred said and began taking them one by one into the house.

"You know your mother is very pretty." George suddenly whispered into Rubi's ear.

She raised a questioning eyebrow at him, "Is that meant to be a compliment?"

"Of a sort."

"You must be Fred or is it George? I could tell before when they were younger."

"Wait, you know them from before?" At that question, Fiona and Molly let out a chuckle.

"Of course I know them from before, being Purebloods usually means meeting other Pureblood families. The Weasleys and Potters happened to be blood traitors because we don't support the whole pureblood supremacy thing. So naturally, we would be closer. Although," And Fiona smiled softly as she reminisced about two of her friends, "I happened to be close to Molly's brothers, Fabian and Gideon Prewett, they were like my two older brothers. Always making sure to tease me or simply ask how I was, and I did spend some time at the Burrow too because of them and courtesy of Molly."

"Wow, that's actually really cool." Rubi said before slightly frowning, "Where are they now?"

At that the atmosphere turned tense, Molly and Fiona's face turned sad and George looked down at his feet.