LIV. 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐃𝐚𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

Начните с самого начала

"Because i'll make him." Austin said to her with a nod, it brought a half way smile to her lips.

"Everything we've done, we've done together." Rick kneeled down more infront of her. "We got here together and we're still here. Things have happened, but it's always worked out for us cause it's always been all of us. That's how I know."

Austin glanced away. It wasn't all of them anymore.

"As long as it's all of us, we can do anything." Rick went on, Maggie clearly hadn't had the same thought Austin had. Carl stood by the door, checking on the trio in the back. Rick nodded, following him back toward the front.

"I know what you just thought about." Maggie sniffled as she was left alone with Austin. "I know you though about Beth."

Austin couldn't look at her, shaking his head. "I didn't mean to ruin the moment."

"You didn't." she touched his face. "If she was here...maybe things would be better right now."

"They would." he had to admit. "But you and this baby will be okay, and she'd tell you that if she was still here. And she'd love that little lima bean as much as I do."

Maggie laughed slightly through her pain. "You're still stuck on that?"

"Let's see if I that nickname got him moving around yet." Austin pulled his stethoscope from his bag, popping it on his ears as Maggie lifted her shirt for the cold to touch around her stomach. She tried not to move to much as Austin listened around for a heartbeat. His own guilt and panic set in when he wasn't hearing anything. He couldn't be the one to tell Maggie. He removed the end as he leaned in by her stomach. "Come on, little guy. You're scaring your mom and uncle out here."

Maggie gripped onto his arm in fear. Austin inhaled. "I know you're in there. I know that because of who your Mom is. She's the strongest person i've ever known, a real fighter. I know you are too."

Maggie started to cry as Austin snuck the end of the stethoscope back on her stomach. "And your Dad- your Dad is probably my best friend. He's strong, and he loves and cares about people. I've acted like a real jackass and he's still loved me, all the way to the end. You've got his heart, that's why I know it's gotta be beating around here somewhere."

Maggie squeezed her eyes shut as Austin moved the little piece of metal around her stomach more, forming goosebumps from the cold. When he froze, she froze. His eyes were identical to Lori's, when he looked at her in joy, all she saw was Lori. "I found it."

"You did?" Maggie sobbed and laughed as Austin smiled and nodded. "He's in there?"

"Hiding out but yeah, he's in there." he laughed, his own eyes watery. He used his arm to keep the end connected to her belly, letting her listen with the part that had been on his ears. Maggie shut her eyes in relief as she heard her babies heartbeat, crying again. "What'd I tell you? Kids a fighter."

She reached in, hugging him tightly as he held her back. The van coming to a stop had got his attention, pulling away from Maggie. "Hang on."

He walked from the back. "Abraham?"

"Enemy close." he answered as Rick went toward the window shield first, Austin close behind as he held onto Carls shoulders. They stared at three trucks, a suffering man on the ground, and eight saviors behind him.

"Jesus christ." Austin said in disbelief. "No wonder the kids wanted to get away from that goddamn place."

"We doing this?" the redhead glanced back.

"No." Rick whispered as he watched them again. "Austin?"

"Yeah?" he turned to look at him.

"What do you want me to say if they ask about the kids?" his question stuck with Austin, burning his soul. His was blanking, completely blank. If they knew Austin had the kids, they'd likely riot in Alexandria to get them back as payback. Leaving Natalie, Levi, and Luke to continue to live in fear and dread each day.

"What kids?" his question confirmed enough for Rick, opening up the side door and walking out. The remaining followed, leaving Austin with Maggie as he nodded to his little brother, choosing to trust him as much as he could.

kylie speaks

baby hershel and uncle
austin making me sob
ALREADY!

baby hershel and uncleaustin making me sob ALREADY!