Chapter 3: Can't spell Lipsync for your Life without LES

"CLAP FOR THE BING BANG BONG" -UK Hun (United Kingdolls Version)

We're In the uber going crosstown with the girlies singing "baaaaaaby you lite up my world like noboooody else, thewaythatyouflipyourhairgetsmooooooverwhelmed, but when you smile a the crowd it hard to telllll" 2012 was an amazing year for music no cap.

But, as we drive the One Direction fades out and my anxiety and lifetime of bad decision making comes down center stage into the spotlight. This feels like a bad idea now, if it was smaller I would be down, but like I don't know any of these people and they are all already friends and I'm already sobering up from nerves and paranoia about my nerves and so now I'm in that weird space of being the sober-er one in very drunk places but still having the same typa shame spiral that happens when it is too late at night to do anything else except stay awake and think about what you have done. Leah was riiiiight, like karaoke thing is ahhhhh, I need to drink more or maybe leave because this isn't an activity no one should be doing sober. The only sober success story of karaoke is Troy and Gabriella. And they are really just Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens, so what chance do the rest of us have? Like them being talented is a big deal for the strength of their sense of self and of relationship overall. But, it is why I have always identified as a Kelsey. And not just because I'm lesbian too. Like I stan a hat and vest combo, and also am 100% someone who lowkey gets annoyed when people don't do things the original way I wanted them to be done, but then gets too shy to actually say it and just internalizes andddddddd as I said, spiraling hahaha I'm fine. NO REALLY, IM FINE. I swear to drunk I'm not god.

The car turned a corner onto Avenue B. "Okay, right here is perfect thanks," said Cassie to the uber driver.

It was snowing by the time we got to her apt and then it was a whole thing getting into her apt. We all collectively trudged up the stairs continuing the rendition of You Don't Know Your Beautiful with a lot more panting and stopping mid lyric. But, as Cassie unlocked the door, like student's leaving on the last day of school we pushed through all with different missions and plans:

 But, as Cassie unlocked the door, like student's leaving on the last day of school we pushed through all with different missions and plans:

"Have u heard of that" Patricia turns to me.

"Of what?"

"Of Hannah Montana"? she asks seriously.

"Yeam, I've heard of it," I say in the exact same cadence as socialist sailor.

Everyone here is friends... obvi. I feel like I made the wrong decision but I can't just leave now.

"The Broad City one is also good too," one of Kathleen's friends calls out, turning on the TV to connect it with the karaoke machine which was sitting right in front of it.

"Yeah, but that one is just numbers tho"

"If your doing Hannah [all Disney girlies are on first name basis with Hannah Montana] than I'm doing the That's So Raven one"