Zhan sat down holding his knees closer to his chest, he shivered in fear "Anyone!  Somebody! Please help!" Zhan screamed once again. He took out his phone to call someone, but there was no signal inside the elevator. The white light from the phone illuminated the dark atmosphere of the elevator, it still looked spooky for Zhan, he visibly started to shiver in fear.

Meanwhile, Yibo, who noticed the elevator wasn't coming back anytime soon, decided to take the stairs. "He acts so childish and what right does he have to get angry at me?! I should be the one to be pissed right now! And that stupid ex of his, I just hate him that he keeps popping out everhwere and now he brings this letter of acceptance and what right does he have to take decision on behalf of Zhan!" Yibo frustratingly hit the stairs. "How childish of him to close the elevator door just as he saw my face" Yibo pouted.

But just then Yibo remembered something "Isn't he afraid of closed spaces and elevators? How did he manage to get inside the elevator alone?" he said, running towards the elevator door which was near to the floor he was in. He pressed the button continuously yet the elevator didn't seem to move. "Did the elevator stop?" he questioned, repeating to press the buttons again. Yibo looked above to see at what floor the elevator had stopped, he ran towards the 3rd floor and banged on the elevator door "ZHAN!" He called his name to check if Zhan was inside the elevator. "ZHAN ARE YOU INSIDE?!" but there was no reply.

On the other hand, Zhan who was semi conscious, but even in that state he was faintly able to hear Yibo's voice, he slowly blinked his eyes open and tried getting up "Yi...Yibo~" Zhan called out in a low tone, almost faint to ears. But Yibo quickly responded with a loud bang on the elevator door "Zhan! Zhan don't worry, I'll help you out" Yibo said quickly taking out his phone to call the maintenance number. He nervously walked back and forth while the phone continued to ring, Yibo bit his bottom lip as he felt the frustration, but then the call was connected "Hello! The elevator in the Forensic Science department has been stuck between 3rd and 2nd floor, please hurry up, someone is stuck inside it" Yibo informed and ended the call as soon as they replied they were on the way.

Yibo kneel-ed outside the elevator door and placed his left hand on the elevator door "Zhan! Stay with me, okay? Help is on the way" Yibo said in a worried tone. While Zhan smiled from the other end, "How long?" he asked in a low tone, while Yibo couldn't understand what Zhan meant "How long? They said 10 minutes" Yibo replied to which Zhan chuckled "No, I mean how long do I have to stay with you?" Zhan asked, he bit his bottom lip as he felt silly by asking such a cringy question, either way he decided it would be the right time to ask it, either way the dimwitted Yibo wouldn't understand what he was about to ask.

Yibo blinked, "I wish you could stay with me for a long time, but for now stay with me for 10 more minutes, don't lose consciousness" Yibo replied almost immediately. Zhan was quiet for some time, he wasn't sure if Yibo understood what he meant or he misunderstood what he meant, either way he decided to ask him to clarify what he meant "Why should I stay with you for a long time?" Zhan questioned to which Yibo shrugged leaning against the elevator door.

"I don't know, but you know I felt a strange thing like that of a child getting separated from his childhood best friend, probably more than that, I can't describe with words how I felt when I heard Zifan say you would leaving for US for 5 months, I somehow hated Zifan for making it happen for you, I don't know why I want you to stay but all I know if I want you to stay".

Zhan felt his heart flutter, he finally knew that Yibo was beginning to feel what he had been feeling for Yibo for years, he knew he was getting close to it and probably would make Yibo fall for him one day the same way he fell for him "But I can't let go of my opportunity just because you said you didn't want me to go" Zhan said trying to provoke Yibo more. Yibo sighed "I know very well, hence I'm going to make sure to make up for that 5 months in just one month". Zhan smiled as Yibo's words sounded truly unbelievable for him, like something straight out of his dreams, but here it was happening, just outside the door to which he awaited to open. "How?" Zhan asked.

By now a ruffling sound occurred, the maintenance workers had started their work, with the emergency key they managed to open the elevator door. Yibo stretched his hand since the elevator was stuck in between the floor, Zhan had to crawl out of the available space. With one go Yibo pulled Zhan, but the force by which he pulled him was so intense that it caused Zhan to stumble and fall right into Yibo's arms. Yibo looked at Zhan and smiled, pulling him in his arm "You'll see" he said, hugging him even more tightly, Zhan smiled humming as reply while continuing to hug him.

***

To Be Continued ...