Welcome to the fam

Start from the beginning

-I'm already married at this point, he added before being pulled by the collar of his shirt.

Changbin scratched the back of his head in awkwardness before starting to talk again.

-So... Minho hyung is actually throwing a party in two days. Well...his mother is. For the partnership between the Lee company and Bang factory. I was wondering...if you would like to go with me. Maybe?

-Why me? Felix asked with a dull voice.

-What? Changbin certainly did not expect that answer.

-Why me? We barely know each other and you would have to take care of me all night instead of having fun.

-I don't mind it. I think we could get along. To know each other.

-Why?

-Because you are cute, Changbin said blushing hard.

Of course, Felix couldn't see that.

-Listen...I don't want to get excited, then be left alone by you. I don't even want to go to this party thing. I wouldn't fit in either way. I'm sorry!

-Oh...ok. If you change your mind, you know where to find me, Changbin replied with disappointment printed on his voice.

Jisung's home

-Jisungie! Mister Han wrapped his hands around his son before realising there was someone else in the room.

-Dad...he is Seungmin.

-Hello! he shook the boy's hand. What brings you here?

-Ahmm...Seungmin opened his mouth to say something, but got cut off by Jisung.

-We need to talk. Now.

-Oh...Alright. Why don't you show your friend the guest room and then we can have a talk.

-No, dad! The talk is about him.

Mister Han was confused, but invited both to sit down at the table while he made some tea.

-So what do you wanna talk about? Mister Han asked with a huge smile on his face.

Jisung gulped while looking at Seungmin who was staring down, unable to make eye contact.

-I know you had an affair, he blurted out.

-What? Mister Han asked confused.

-You cheated on mom with Miss Kim.

-What are you talking about, Jisung?

-My mother, Seungmin finally spoke. You left her pregnant...with me.

-While mom was already pregnant with me. Why did you cheat on her? Jisung stood up angry.

Mister Han took a moment to piece it all together, then took a deep breath.

-I was in my last year of College. I was fooling around, drinking and passing out on the street. I didn't cheat on your mother, Jisung. Cause I wasn't dating her then.

-What?

-She...as well was a one night stand. The thing is...She came to me first and told me she is pregnant. I had no idea Miss Kim was too. It was just a matter of synchronisation. Your mother was first, so I married her for the eyes of society.

-You didn't love her? a tear streamed down his cheek.

-I learned to. It was a long way. I cherished her and we lived happy.

-But you didn't love her...

-She wasn't the woman I wanted to marry, no. She tried to make me catch feelings. My heart belonged to someone else. I'm sorry, Jisung! You weren't supposed to know this.

-And if...if Miss Kim had came first, you would have married her, right? You would have took care of Seungmin.

-Probably, Mister Han nodded, ashamed to look into his son's eyes.

Jisung left the room and slammed the door behind him.

Seungmin went after him and found him on the floor sobbing.

He took his spot next to him in silence.

-My mother didn't deserve this. Neither yours, he said to Seungmin.

-I've always wondered what was like to have a brother, Seungmin uttered.

-Me too...

-You have me.

Jisung turned to Seungmin who was as serious as possible.

-I told you...if it's too weird, we can pretend we-

Jisung was cut off by Seungmin's hands wrapping around him.

-Welcome to the fam, bro! Seungmin tried not to cringe while saying it.

Jisung broke into a chuckle and dug his face in Seungmin's chest.