"Adventures? If you don't remember, last time I talked to you three I was going to look for Jack. Well I did, happy?" I replied to Dream, seeing him stiffen up and drop the act that he was trying to play against me.

The air felt thick. Almost too silent. They could tell by the faint smell of blood and the flakes dried on my skin what had happened, it was obvious. I had killed that sick fucker. And as much as they wouldn't show it in front of me, they were scared. Not scared of me, but scared of what I was going to do next out of irrationally. 

I stood next to them with my foot kicking at the little rocks on the ground, waiting for them to say something back. But low behold, of course they didn't.

'Almost too stunned out of words I'd say..'

"If you aren't going to say anything else, I'd like you to kindly move out of the way so I can get to leaving again, hopefully quicker this time if you don't mind." I tsked, the feeling of sudden sadness pooling into my heart for an unknown reason.

"What do you mean again?" George asked me which made me turn to look at him, seeing that behind his calm expression laid a scared and worried man.

"It's exactly what it means George. I'm going to find Tommy. That fucker told me all that I needed to know. I'm going to get Tommy back. For all of us." I said what needed to be said. Tommy felt so close to my heart again. I was grasping onto this new hopeful feeling I felt. That Tommy was out there and now I knew exactly where he was.

Dream stepped toward me, getting into my face.

"No. No way in hell are we going to let you leave again. How do you know Jack wasn't spurring out lies to you? You could be falling into another trap! Which might actually get you killed this time." He hissed, empathizing on the word killed.

I took a step back from him, still feeling guarded.

"Dream. I'm not a bird that can always be kept in a cage inside your castle! I came out alive! Alive for fucks sake! If anything, I can handle one more fight. I'm prepared for it." I was certain I was prepared for this as I spoke my words to Dream, feeling a bit riled up.

"You aren't like a prisoner to us anymore y/n! Even if you think you've gotten enough training, who knows what Jack had signed you and tricked you up for! We just don't want you to get injured. We don't want to lose you again!" He exclaimed, trying to get me to understand his point of view.

But most of his words flew over my head. Only one thing was keeping me from acknowledging the rest of what he had said.

I took another step back, my once feeling of being riled up switched to pent up anger.

He had realized what he had let slip up. He started to panic as he got a shove from Sapnap and a gasp from George. He had let their secret slip up.

"Wait! That's not what I meant, I swear." He pleaded, seeing the switch of emotion contorted onto my face.

"No. I understand perfectly. I'm not even surprised to be honest. Of course you always thought I was your prisoner. I thought maybe we had set aside our differences and what I had caused you all at the beginning. That I had gained some friends after a short while. That things were finally turning around. I kind of thought I had a new home, but this time with people I cared about. People that I was actually starting to like. Guess you didn't feel the same way after all.."

The crack in my voice at the end of my sentence made me shut my eyes as new-found pain shot through me. But not the physical kind.

All the memories from the past few months had crept in to haunt me like a ghost. Was all this fake? These feelings? Did they just keep me around for the fun of it or were they starting to feel what I was starting to feel for them?

That I was always a prisoner and they were faking their feelings and everything else that had been happening the past few months? That their worry or feelings for me have been untrue this whole time?

I was confused and conflicted. Were they just being nice to their prisoner so they could check on me? Was the word that he used even true? After all these months I've been with them, there's no way that's how they truly felt.

It hadn't mattered anymore how Dream had said that I wasn't their prisoner anymore. My mind had processed that word as soon as he let it slip from his tongue. It ate it up. Now I couldn't tell between what was real and what was fake.

Dream felt a wave of emotions pull him from different ends like he was attached to flimsy strings.

He hadn't meant to call me a prisoner. They didn't feel that way about me anymore. It was true though. At first they wanted to keep an eye on me at all times, nervous for what I'd try to do. But then they got to see the true version of me and their feelings had grown stronger. They wanted me to stay inside their castle with them. They wanted to protect me, to make me feel loved. Sure, they would mess up, but they would try to make up for it.

They didn't know how to feel. This was all new to them. Their words and how they would try to act around me. It was an all new feeling. A feeling deep in the heart. They wanted to keep the fact that they thought I was their prisoner in the beginning even though it was true so they couldn't ruin what they had after the months of being in my presence. Their feelings had extended into something more than just keeping someone who stole from them in their castle..

Now he felt like he had messed it up once again. For good.

That his bad choice of words changed something. That it had hurt me deeply. He felt the need to make it up to me already, even if the words had already settled in.

But he let himself get shoved aside as I walked past him, knowing that there was nothing to get me to stop to listen to them now.

For all he could do now was watch me leave as I went inside the castle. Maybe. Just maybe he'd be able to make it up to me in time. Make me realize he hadn't meant what he had said. To change my mind into not leaving even though deep down that's what I would be picking..

And he knew would have to accept that.

                                           ♥

I hope the whole thing about the prisoner comment made sense. Although yes it is true that we were their prisoner at the start, this story has evolved and so has their feelings, including ours. So of course y/n knew that she was their prisoner, she was still saddened by the fact that it had to be brought up I guess and that she wanted it to be something more not knowing that they have some sort of feelings for her?? Since she thought that their feelings have deepened. I hope this makes sense.
Also yes I know I make long ass author notes which half of you probably hate me for but I'm back again :))
This book will never be discontinued so don't you worry about that.
It was just nice to take a break especially because I've been stuck in a writers block but it was nice to clear my head and now I can continue to writing again!
wc: 1,990