Chapter 22

TW: Violence/Gore

Tommy's POV:

Admiring my surroundings I skid my sword on the ground, the dirt crumbling up into bits as it moves along.

My legs tirelessly held up my body, as I dragged myself forwards.

'I'm so fucking tired...' I grumbled, feeling exhausted.

Don't get me wrong! I was fucking excited! I was being put on a mission by Dream! My first one ever! I haven't slept in days and my eyes were bloodshot red, bags under my eyes, but I didn't care. I couldn't let tiredness ruin my pride now. Shake it off Tommy!

I shake my head, trying to get rid of the tiredness.

I was looking for that damned bastard that tried to assassinate y/n. I've been up for days, searching around aimlessly where he was last seen.

I've gotten details about what he looked like from the festival and when Dream told me that they were going to send out a guard to look for him I had to bug in. I was ready and wanted it to be my first ever mission.
I was fucking ready!

Knocking myself out of my thoughts, I continue to look around.
The breeze brushed by my body, the cold air making the hairs on my arms stand up.

The trees creaked and swayed, the forest filled up with complete silence.
The air felt deadly, nothing else in the forest besides myself and some birds that were here.

Whistling a tune from my lips, I pick up my stroll a bit, walking a bit faster, my feet skirting across the dirt.

A snap of a branch was heard from a distance and my head snapped up, turning my body to the right.

My brows knit in confusion and I stop in my tracks.

I slowly lower myself to the ground, my right ear against the soil as I listen to any extra footsteps and sounds tapping against the dirt that weren't mine.

'Maybe it was just a lame bird..'

I roll my eyes before re-gaining my balance and standing myself upright, deciding that the sudden sound was a small animal.

I amble around, trying to brush past what just occurred.
The iron sword that had been gripped in my calloused hand twirled in my grasp, humming to myself again as I tried to create different tricks with the sword while wandering.

Another snap was made, coming from my left, louder this time.

My breath halted in my chest, my heart quickening it's pace.

I twirled around in a circle, gripping my sword and forcing it in front of me defensively.

"WHATEVER YOU ARE! COME THE FUCK OUT! OR I-I'LL START STABBING SHIT!" My thick accent spits out, laced with venom, the words at the end of my sentence stuttering just a tad.

Still having my sword up in the air, a thud comes from in front of me, the darkness of the forest glooming over the area.

My feet falter, and I felt weak, clenching my bandana around my neck tightly with my fist, my knuckles on my hands turning white.

Silence stilled in the air until I heard a voice in front, feeling the ground shake with new heavy steps.

I shiver, realizing it was a human being.
'I can't be a pussy! Pull yourself together Tommy!'

"I see you've been trying to find me. You didn't really make any progress.." It says, an accent covering its voice.

My body suddenly felt weak and tired, like I wasn't able to do anything, paralyzed, only being able to swing my sword back and forth, slicing through the air, hitting nothing.

"Goodbye Tommy."

Those words pierced through my heart as my sword drops from my grasp, hitting the ground, collecting dust as dirt twirls from the soil into the air covering my eyes.

I blindly force my arms in front of me, trying to cover myself.

I collapse to the ground, a stinging pain in my chest, a whirling sound echoing and bouncing off the sides of the trees in the forest.

My breathing becomes out of control, the air caught in my lungs, my chest heaving in and out.

'What's happening..why is everything hurting so much..' I shut my eyes tightly, gasping for air.

A heavy feeling catches in my throat, as I scramble nervously on the ground.

I turn over, coughing violently onto the floor, seeing blood.
My eyes loom over the blood and my breathing stutters.

Blood drips down from my lips, feeling the metallic taste I bring my hand to my mouth, touching my lips.

I pull my hand back, seeing a crimson shade. Tears prick my eyes as I heave in and out, a small shriek escaping my throat.

I lean my head down and look, horror blooming over my eyes, seeing as my skin was torn away at the edges, an arrow lodged into my abdomen.

The crimson blood seeps from the wound, dripping to the ground I was scattered on, staining it.

'no..no no no..please..I'm only just a kid..'

I cry out into my thoughts, bloody tears streaming down my cheeks.

My eyes screamed, feeling myself gurgle up more blood from my throat, more air escaping from my lungs, mixing with the blood, the sound filling up the frightening forest.

I couldn't reach out to anything. Grab onto anything. Hug anything.

All the memories I've gathered flashes through my mind, Tubbo..y/n..everything.

I couldn't do anything but feel weak and aching pain, the arrow lodged in my chest feeling deeper, feeling wet pools around me.

I felt nauseous, the forest becoming dizzy and fuzzy.

I tilt my head back, it hitting against the pavement.

I look out into the opening of the forest, a part where the trees haven't covered the night sky.

The darkness of the night sky glows around me, the pale moon shining like a silvery sparkle as I see blankets of stars stretching out for what seems like an infinity..the feeling finally drifting me away.

wc: 1,006